CHAPTER 32 - FOCUSED

Hola,

Chapter 32 is out and it's dedicated to @lita416 :D

****

BUTTERMILK:

This is one of the popular summer drink in India. It's made from the liquid leftover from the milk that's churned into butter, aka curd and water. Add in some ginger, chopped chillies and coriander leaves with salt and it's a refreshing drink that quickly cools down your body.

As it contains 90% of the water it prevents dehydration and maintains water content in the body during incredibly hot summer days. It's good for digestion and a natural remedy to fight constipation. Buttermilk is rich in calcium which in turn is good for bones and teeth. Loaded with vitamins and nutrients it reduces cholesterol, blood pressure and boosts immunity.

___

"Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed."

Paulo Coelho, The Devil and Miss Prym (On the Seventh Day, #3)

___

CHAPTER 32 – FOCUSED

As the wind brushed her face, Cyane closed her eyes and smiled in contentment for the breeze was gentle and calming. She almost felt like she was flying.

Only, she knew she was not.

Running in between the bushes, in his animal form, Xanthos did not once stop. He hurdled through thorns and broken grass blades, crushed the twigs under his powerful paw and kept running towards the mountains with Cyane sitting on his back.

"This is so much fun" she grinned tightening her hold on Xanthos's neck.

As promised last night, today they had decided to spend the day doing what Xanthos loves, which was rock climbing.

When Xanthos slowed down, Cyane looked up and watched with wide, fascinated eyes at the seashell-white Mount Arnmis, one of the smallest mountains in the Sylvan mountain range, made of large rocks.

When Xanthos stopped on the foothills of the mountain, she got off his back and stood beside him. Craning her neck backwards, she stared at the mountain in awe.

Mount Arnmis, was truly one of the smallest in the range as the insidious mist couldn't even touch its crown, but as she stood in front of it, Cyane felt small and powerless, in front of its tall, magnificent glory.

Mountains are givers, her grandmamma would always tell her. They only knew how to give and give. They give us water, food, medicine, renewable energy and even bring us rains.

Her grandmamma loved the mountains and considered them her home. She wasn't ready to give them up, not even for the man she loved, which is why her granddad had to give up his throne.

Cyane then realized that her grandmamma was like these mountains. Tall, proud and unmovable once they find their rightful place. Plus, a giver too. She loved her people and had dedicated her whole life to serving them.

When she closed her eyes, Cyane could still hear the roar and cheer of the crowd for their beloved queen when she had stepped into the battlefield for the Duel of the Daughters.

A nudge on her spine had her stumble forward but Xanthos moved swiftly to prevent her fall. His arctic eyes were questioning as Cyane apologized and stood upright.