CHAPTER 33 - TWO MOTHER'S TALES

Hello,

Chapter 33 is out now and it is dedicated to @Omuhle08 :D

Enjoy!

****

ONION:

Dense with nutrients, Onion is particularly high in vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant to protect our cells. It also helps contain blood sugar for people with diabetes as specific sulphur compounds found in onions have antidiabetic effects. These sulphur compounds also reduce in breakage and thinning of hair.

They have medicinal properties that help in curing a cold, cough, or sore throat. For this, soak a finely chopped onion in drinking water overnight and drink three or four tablespoons of this water. Onion juice or pulp can be used to treat dandruff and fight lice infestation in your hair. But be sure to shampoo or condition once more to get rid of the pungent smell.

Onions are a staple in kitchens around the world even though they make a lot of us cry. They boost the flavor of the dish and so it's easy to add them to your recipe for their various health benefits.

___

"My mother... she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her."
Jodi Picoult

___

CHAPTER 33 – TWO MOTHER'S TALES

Setting the pen on the bench with a jarring snap, Minerva leaned back in her seat, ignorant to the looks her classmates gave her for already finishing the exam.

She had studied enough to score, and she knew she could get an A at the most. Her eyes flickered towards her wristwatch and she sighed. It was a rule in the college that no one could step out of the exam hall until the first bell rang which would take fifteen more minutes.

Crossing her arms across her chest, Minerva stared blankly for her mind was preoccupied with her conversation earlier with her mom in the car, when she had come to drop her at college.

"Cyane called me earlier today," Yolanda said as she brought the car to a halt near the college entrance. Her parents had insisted on picking and dropping her after she began receiving death threats from pack wolves because they were considerably more dangerous than rogues.

"What?"

"Since you have an exam, I told her to call you back afternoon" Yolanda smiled. "All the best, darling!"

"Thanks, mama" Minerva smiled back but did not step out of the car.

"Did Cyane say anything?" Minerva asked curiously. "About her family? Xanthos? She is still with him?"

"Yes, and she sounded happy with him in the Nest. He is her mate after all. I am just afraid of how she will react when she finds out Lysander had contacted her grandfather" Yolanda sighed.

"Her family doesn't sound so bad. I mean, Cyane never spoke badly about them. I don't think they would hurt her" Minerva reasoned.

"They wouldn't hurt her, but they would want to take her home. Away from her mate and being away from one's mate is—"

"Torture" Minerva finished with a whisper and Yolanda turned to look at her daughter, who had turned ashen in her seat.

Entwining her fingers with her daughter's, she held it tightly, "Gideon will come back."

"I know" Minerva tried to smile but tears slid from her cheek whenever she blinked.

"You have to stay strong" Yolanda encouraged, and Minerva turned to face her mom.