Downtime

MOUNT JUSTICE

August 27, 06:02 EDT

"Three hours ago, the villain Clayface had been spotted headed into the Gotham Sewers from an unknown source." Batman began, standing straight in front of the super-suit-wearing teens.

"Your mission is to track Clayface and subdue him. But be warned, he is highly dangerous, with the ability to change his form into anything and everything; you must always be on your guard."

"It has been shown that his main weakness is electricity, so with Aqualad there, you should already have an advantage." Batman continued.

"The league will be on standby in case assistance is required." The Dark Knight finished before walking away from the team and into a zeta tube.

Claire crossed her arms and made an annoyed face, "So I woke up 4 hours earlier than usual to crawl around in a sewer?"

"Aww, what's wrong, Claire? Didn't get your beauty rest?" Wally asked with a smirk, laying on his hands as if they were pillows.

"Oh, I'm always beautiful, just like you're always the beast," Claire responded with a joking snarl.

"Claire, you know they got together at the end, right?" Artemis asked with a raised eyebrow.

Claire's face grew red.

"Yeah, I forgot about that part."

-

GOTHAM CITY

August 27, 06:17 EDT

"Oh, this is so gross," Stellar informed, pinching her nose to stop the pungent odor from wafting up in her face.

"Very gross," Artemis agreed with a nod of her head.

"Eww, I feel like it got in my mouth," Stellar announced, beginning to make barfing noises as they walked through the sewer.

"Stellar, you understand that we're supposed to be tracking Clayface, correct?" Aqualad asked, turning to her.

The girl in question nodded, turning to look at the Atlantean confusedly.

"Then, it would be in our best interests if we were a little quieter." He said.

"Yeah, Clairebear, close your big mouth for once," Kid Flash smiled smugly at her.

"Oh puh-lease. You're literally nicknamed Kid Mouth." Stellar reminded him as they began to bicker at one another as usual.

"Both of you, stop it," Aqualad ordered. "Clayface will hear us coming before we even find him."

"He shouldn't be too hard to miss. From how Batman described him." Artemis said as she continued walking normally.

"He also said that Clayface could transform into anything." Robin reminded as he walked in a guarded-up stance.

The team continued to walk around the sewer, looking for Clayface but to no avail, at least until Stellar heard the awful sound of squelching coming from further down the tunnel.

"Wait." She whispered, holding her arm out in front of the team.

She pointed to her ear then down the tunnel, indicating that Clayface was somewhere down there.

Aqualad nodded before taking out his water bearers and tiptoeing down the tunnel. The team following with only the slightest sound of water moving to indicate their presence.