Alpha Male

MOUNT JUSTICE

September 23, 06:34 EDT

Claire sat next to Wally as Green Arrow placed a bowl of pretzels on the table in front of the two.

"Thanks... but no, thanks," Wally stated, pushing the pretzel bowl away from him.

Robin scoffed, "Yeah, what we want are answers about Red Tornado and his siblings."

"Exactly!" Wally agreed.

Claire shrugged and grabbed at the bowl. "If you don't want it, more for me, I guess."

"Nah uh. Leave the bowl." Wally commanded, reaching for the pretzels, only to have his hand swatted away.

"I don't think so, Kid Dork. These pretzels are now the sole property of Claire Bowen." The golden blonde announced as she began to shove pretzels into her mouth.

"YOU KNEW!" Claire heard Conner scream, causing her head to snap up from her devouring session.

M'gann levitated from her seat at the table to head toward the clone.

"Conner, what are you doing?" She asked frantically as Claire flew down next to her with Wally following the superheroine.

The clone grabbed Aqualad by the front of his suit and slammed him against one of the cave walls.

Claire dashed forward, "Get off him!" She ordered as she grabbed the back of Conner's T-shirt and threw him back away from Kaldur.

The clone slammed against the ground on his back, sliding back a little from the force she had used to pull him off of the Atlantean.

Conner growled at her as he stood back up. "Get out of my way Claire," He ordered lowly.

Claire moved into a combat stance, "Try it. I dare you." She replied as her fists began to glow ever so slightly.

The rest of the group stared wide-eyed as the two heavy hitters of the team seemed to be about to duke it out.

"Are you seriously defending him? Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" Conner revealed, taking Claire and the rest of the team by surprise.

Claire turned around to face the Atlantean, "Kaldur, what is he talking about?"

Kaldur glanced away from her and the rest of the team before speaking, "Yes, I was aware that there was a mole."

Claire sighed, moving away from Kaldur to stand next to Wally.

"You knew?"

"And didn't tell us!" Wally exclaimed, throwing his arms out to his sides.

"I sought to protect the team from-" He began but was interrupted by Artemis.

"Protect us from what? Knowledge that might have saved our lives?" She asked.

Conner turned to M'gann, "You almost died!" He stated with a growl. But the Martian just stared at him with shock written on her face.

"Enough."

That single word from the Batman brought complete silence to the area. It was so quiet that you could practically hear a pin drop.

"With Red Tornado missing, the team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift." Batman announced, gesturing to Captain Marvel, who walked forward with a smile on his face.

"I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys."

Claire smiled slightly at his words. It wasn't every day that you heard a grown man use the word 'hanging.'