Schooled

MOUNT JUSTICE

August 3, 13:06 EDT

"Beep Beep Beep."

The holographic air hockey table sounded, as Wally had scored the final goal on Kaldur.

Claire, Robin, and M'gann all stood around the table watching while in their super suits since today was their day for training with Black Canary.

Which Claire was extremely excited for.

Wally grinned as he took a bite out of the banana he was holding, chewing and smacking loudly and openly, allowing everyone a front-row seat to the banana being mashed in his mouth.

"Wally, close your mouth when you chew," Claire said with a disgusted face before rolling her eyes.

The ginger moved closer to her and chewed louder than before in response, causing Claire to look at him with a glare that could turn even the bravest men into stone.

Wally froze at the sight of her glare, slowly closing his mouth and chewing. Making Claire smile in satisfaction.

"Recognized. Superboy B-0-4." The automated computer announced, alerting everyone to the boy of steel's arrival.

Everyone turned to the clone, walking toward them. M'gann's face immediately perked up, and she smiled wide, her eyes squinting slightly.

"Hi, Superboy. How was Metropolis?" M'gann asked as he walked through the holographic table, ignoring her.

"Well, that was mean." Claire thought to herself as she crossed her arms.

"Ready for training, everyone?" A voice asked as everyone turned around. Only to find Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Atom walking toward them.

"Black Canary!" Claire said in excitement. Before spotting her mentor walking beside her. "Captain Atom!" She yelled, running and hugging him.

"Woah, there, kid."

"What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise with a broad smile gracing her features, letting go of the hero.

"Well apparently as your mentor, I'm required to check up on you from time to time." He responded sarcastically.

Unbeknownst to the two, Superboy was glaring at them in jealousy.

"Stick around. Class is in session." Black Canary said, causing Superboy, who was walking away, to stop and turn around with his arms crossed over his chest.

Canary walked forward into a holographic type circle that lit up when she reached the center.

"I consider it an honor to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you, everything I've learned from my own mentors.. uh..." She groaned as she slipped her jacket off of her shoulders.

"And my own bruises."

"What happened?" M'gann asked in concern.

"The job," Canary replied, short and sweet.

"Now, combat is about controlling conflict, putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. I'll need a sparring partner."

Claire raised her hand excitedly.

Walking forward to try and impress both Black Canary and her mentor. But before Black Canary could see her hand, Wally rushed in front of her with his hand raised.

"Right here. Yeah!" He shouted with his banana still in his right hand. He walked forward and ate the last bit of his banana.

"After this. Swish! I'll show you my moves." Wally flirted with Canary after he threw his banana peel into the garbage.