Revelation

METROPOLIS

October 1, 17:56 EDT

"Can't you stay a little longer?" Trent asked with a cute little pout, his half-eaten cup of froyo laid in front of him while Claire's own was empty.

The two sat at one of the many green tables outside of a frozen yogurt parlor.

Claire sighed, "I would, but I have to get home." She stated, twirling her plastic spoon around the inside of her froyo cup absentmindedly.

"I'll take you."

Panic flashed through Claire's mind; she wasn't going home. She had actually planned on going to the cave. Robin had called and insisted on the blonde showing up for his spar with Kaldur.

"No! I- I um... have to go help a friend out with homework." She scrambled to find an excuse, but Trent cocked his head to the side.

"I thought you said you had to get home?"

Claire's eyes darted back and forth from Trent's face down to the table before she thought of what she would say to get him off her back.

"Yeah, to go get my book."

Trent nodded, "Are you sure you should walk home alone? I mean, I do have a car." He replied like it was the most obvious decision in the world, which it would have been if Claire wasn't an awesome crime-fighting superhero.

"Oh, don't worry, I'll fly." She responded quickly.

"Huh?"

Claire's eyes widened to the size of saucers, "F-fly home... on a bus?" She stated, quickly standing up from her seat.

"Wait, but-"

"Just enjoy the rest of your ice cream!" She exclaimed, drawing the group unwanted attention from the rest of the families and couples at the tables around them.

As the blonde moved away from their table, she offered him a small wave and smile before she snuck into a nearby alley.

After checking to make sure the coast was clear, she crouched and leaped into the air, streaking to the cave.

Meanwhile, back at the froyo table, a scowl formed on Trent's face as he glared up at the sky.

"This is going to be much more difficult than I thought."

-

MOUNT JUSTICE

October 1, 18:13 EDT

Claire stood next to Zatara and Captain Marvel, eating some Doritos while Robin and Kaldur were in the middle of their spar.

"Hyah!" Robin let out a battle cry as he dashed at kaldur, attempting to land a kick to his face.

The Boy Wonder had Kaldur on the defensive. The Atlantean dodging his attacks fluidly, although he did seem to be going through the generic moves Canary had taught them.

Personally, Claire liked to be more creative with her movements. She found that it kept her opponents on their toes. Plus, she got to fight whoever won, and she felt like Robin would be more of a challenge.

Not that she'd ever say that to Kaldur, of course.

"Kick his butt, Rob!" Claire yelled out, little bits of Doritos flew out of her mouth.

Captain Marvel laughed audibly, while Zatara just let out a quiet chuckle, quickly stopping before anyone could hear him and returning to his serious expression.