Independence Day

METROPOLIS

July 4, 12:00 EDT

"Everyone run for your lives!" A civilian shrieked in terror, running away herself after Mister Blizzard shot an icicle at a car, blowing it up.

"Hehe." The ice villain chuckled to himself after freezing a man trying to sneak past him. "Nothing like bringing a chill to a hot summer day."

"Mister Blizzard!" A female voice shouted from above him; glaring up, he found the new female hero staring down at him.

"Stellar." He sneered.

"The one and only." The girl let out with a smirk. Hands on her hips in a classic superhero pose, hovering just above Blizzard and his ice fortress.

"Now, Blizzard, your time is up. You're coming with me." The heroine declared as she let her hands drop to her sides, knowing that a fight was about to ensue.

"Oh, Stellar." Blizzard let out with a dark chuckle.

"The only place you'll be going is to a wintery grave!" He growled, raising his hand and preparing to unleash a blast of ice.

"Really? That's the best you could come up with?" She asked in disappointment.

"Stellar, are you just going to talk him to Stryker's? Or are we going to take him there?" Her mentor Captain Atom sighed, hovering a ways away from her impatiently with his arms crossed.

"I thought you'd be more eager since you've been saying today's the day for the past week." He added with a raised eyebrow.

"I am eager, just trying to savor the moment if you don't mind." Stellar replied with a roll of her eyes after he gestured with his hands to the still perfectly intact ice fortress in front of them.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm on it." She flew past the ice villain in a blur of red, yellow, and blue.

The villain was too late in his reaction as Stellar flew up to the make-shift ice fortress he had built. Hovering in front of the structure, she raised her right hand out, her scarf-like cape fluttering in the wind.

Her palm began glowing a bright golden color before a single blast of energy flew out of it, imploding the ice structure in a destructive explosion.

She smirked to herself at the rain of ice crystals before turning around and flying back in front of the gaping villain.

The villain growled, "How dare you? I am Mister Blizzard!" He shouted before firing shot after shot of ice from his hands; unfortunately, like most villains, he suffered from poor hand-eye coordination.

Deciding to have a bit of fun while she was doing her job, Stellar alternated between shooting the shards with her energy blasts, dodging them, punching them, and even letting them hit her since she was invulnerable.

Blizzard's eyes grew wide once he realized that she was unaffected by his attacks; deciding that fleeing was the better option, he quickly turned around to try and escape but was incapacitated. Captain Atom grabbed the back of Blizzard's snowsuit and held him up in the air.

"Wow. Nice backup." Stellar sarcastically commented, landing in front of the struggling Blizzard with a fist on her hip.

He shrugged, "I wanted to see how long it'd take you without my help. You know we'd be done by now if you didn't do all that showboating."

"True, but showing off is kinda my thing, so..."

"Trust me. I'm well aware." He replied with a bored expression, already having flashbacks to their training sessions.