Misplaced

MOUNT JUSTICE

October 31, 01:35 EDT

"Batman! Red Tornado! Somebody!" Wally cried, holding an unconscious and very bleeding Claire bridal style through the hangar.

Batman walked out of the therapy room, and the whites of his mask widened before he immediately rushed to the speedster aid.

"What the hell?" Captain Atom's voice bounced off the cave walls as he flew in front of the Dark Knight.

RT, Kaldur, Red Arrow, and Robin all came out of the therapy room together and gaped at the scene before them.

"Someone attacked us and Claire, s-she..." Wally couldn't get it out before Claire's mentor took her out of his hands and flew to the med bay.

Batman swiftly turned and followed while Red Tornado stayed back to usher all of the team members present into the cave's lounge room.

After about thirty minutes Zatanna and Artemis Zeta beamed into the cave. Kaldur explained the situation to them, and they ended up lingering in the lounge as well.

Subsequently, twenty more minutes of intense waiting passed, as well as Wally's constant questioning of Red Tornado about if Claire was okay or not before Batman and Captain Atom walked into the room with an air of seriousness.

Wally perked up and ceased his impatient pacing. He walked up to the two Leaguers with pleading and worried eyes.

"Is she okay?"

Batman nodded, "She's stable..." The ginger brightened slightly.

"Can we see her?"

"First..." He looked at Conner and M'gann, "You all need to tell us exactly what happened."

-

Flashes of red skies and fire plagued her vision. Screams of agony and fear encompassed her ears.

Claire stared wide-eyed as the deformed man who she remembered was named Mobius descended from the darkened skies.

His malicious gaze penetrated through her. His mouth opened, and sharp teeth greeted her before he said words that would probably haunt her dreams for days to come.

"You cannot protect them this time, Novah. The prophecy has begun. And I come to consume you all."

Claire shut her eyes, "Mar Novu." She whispered, and when she reopened them, she stood on a familiar metal platform with Novu standing before her.

"Hello again-" He began, but Claire cut to the chase. "I was attacked!"

Novu nodded, "I am aware." She glared, "So you knew and did nothing? I almost died!"

"You do not understand. Were I to intervene, Mobius would have sensed it and known that I know of your whereabouts as well."

"Whatever. Since you're so aware, would you mind telling me who or what that thing was?"

Novu turned around toward the vastness of space and waved his hand. A yellow planet with red clouds materialized.

"He was what is called a Thunderer of the planet Qward. A harbinger of destruction. The warning call to the end."

The planet disappeared with another wave of Novu's hand.

"Why'd he even attack me at all?"