38 - Wake Up!!!

[TRIGGER WARNING... this chapter can be a bit traumatic to some readers so if you can't stomach some rough and uncomfortable situations then I advise you not to read this chapter..... only continue reading at your own risk]

Clarke's POV

*flashback*

my eyes gently flickered due to the lights appearing richer than they are, I dragged my head up to look around, I realized I'm in a hospital room with multiple monitors attached to me, removing every single thing fastened to my arms.

"Hello?" I shouted but my voice came out shaky.

"Is anyone there?" I attempted it again. My mouth felt dry as if I had been walking through a desert.

As I stretched for the water bottle on the side table I noticed many get-well cards. I couldn't help but picked up one and it wrote

"Dear Clarke,

If you are reading this... then that must mean, I am not sitting next to you. otherwise, I would have burnt this card and pretended it never existed in the first place. I am away for the time being and it is rather complicated to explain why I have to be... I found this island located in the Philippine sea and I wish to bring you someday. they have the most beautiful sunrise here but you'd disagree and tell me that the sunset is much better. we'll bring strawberry champaign and pick the fresh fruits that they grow right here in the back yard when you and I visit the island.

we all miss you, Clarke... I have been missing you believe it or not.

Anyway, if you are wondering where I am... just ask your Mother to give me a call on my personal cell and I'll be on my way over...

Happy New Year's to you Clarke. please wake up soon.

Sincerely,

Lexa

P.s. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST.

"Lexa..." I spoke gently and some of my memories sprang to what felt like blurry visions. I remember her carrying me outside to safety before my sights finally sealed for the last time. 'how long have I been asleep?' I thought to myself. I neglected to notice someone has invaded the room. He managed to secure a rag over both my mouth and the nose. there wasn't any way I could breathe, and even if I could... the fabric felt wet by some kind of chemical. I fought back but my body was too sore to gain its strength. I've already inhaled the substance. Once again I find myself back into that darkness.

I awakened up to glance around and I find myself in the backseat of a vehicle, the discomfort from my vertebrae ached. I wasn't ready to do anything. I attempted to speak but he had covered my mouth.

"Don't worry, Clarke" he graciously responded to my unspoken words. adjusting the rearview mirror to get a view of me

"we're almost home" he continued

I haven't heard his voice for years and yet it still returns back so many recollections. I felt nauseous to my belly just reminiscing about how I used to be madly in love with him. It was such a mistake.

He covered my eyes before escorting me out of the car. My muscles still have not recovered so he carried me into what he called 'home'.

"are you hungry, Princess?" he proposed lifting the cloth that covered my mouth and soon dismissed the blindfold