35 - Gone pt3

Luna's POV

I retained my gun and flashlight tightly in my hands as I noticed reoccurring unrecognized footprints on the damp sand.
that's when I spotted a body, roughly 5 feet and 5 inches tall, brown wavy haired female.

my subconscious is overflowing with various thoughts that i keep burying deeper in my brain but the women look way too familiar even from afar.

the sound of the ocean suddenly being replaced by my heartbeat.
"relax" I reminded myself.
my feet are becoming heavier with every step. attempting to remain calm but it's so troublesome when my nerves are all over the place causing my limbs to tremble. my fingers around the handle of the firearm are beginning to loosen and my knees are slowly turning into jello,

'please don't be lexa!' i prayed in my head.
'Please, god don't do this!' my eyes got blurrier.
no! i can't let these tears fall. i can't let lexa see me weak! i won't allow it!

She had her back facing me as I flashed the light on her bullet wound located on her spine. It turned the crystal clear water into the color of red wine dying the white sand around her body. the waves crashed and pulled back into the ocean bringing some of the blood along with it. by now large rain droplets are pouring. I can feel the wet hair on the back of my neck as it sends chills up my back.

'lexa, please don't do this!' i thought to myself as if she could somehow hear me calling for her, I noticed a storm is brewing and its eye is getting too close. winter has never been my season I thought. but young lexa loved it.

God knows it's shredding me apart just reminiscing about seeing my dying sister. once again I'm losing her. But this time there's no chance at getting her back.

I flipped her lifeless body and I was too shocked when she began saying her dying words... I've never been so scared in my entire life than how I've been in the past 3 minutes

"y-you have to f-find Clarke and b-bring her to Nia or e-else she's d-dead..." it's obvious that she grappled to deliver as both of her lungs drowned in her metallic blood. She failed to complete her words as her life began to leave her body.

the thunder and the crashing waves are still aren't enough to submerge the sound of a final dying breath. it hurts but its something too powerful to ignore

"it's okay, everything is gonna be okay now" i whispered pressing my hand on the entrance wound of the hole on her stomach, attempting to stop the bleeding but I'm failing badly. not that I'm able to save her though.

"I promise it'll all be over now" I whispered allowing myself to shed tears. I wanted to look up at the stary night sky to say a few words but before I was not able to,

I caught a glimpse of Octavia, frozen in shock like everyone else was. she had tears flowing down her face. she parted her lips to talk but her voice came out too weak for anyone to hear.
"Her suffering is meeting its end," I stated as her eyes drifted from mine and back to the body.

"this- this isn't fair!" anya cried
"She... L-Lexa...Nia is gonna pay for everything," she continued kneeling next to me, still attempting to wake up the body. The face I've memorized my whole life, capturing every angle and every flaw of hers, and still, she's such a beauty in a world so cruel and ugly. the life she lived was unbearable yet she fought through all the challenges like it was nothing. I could've saved her but I didn't, I did nothing but walk away when I had my chance!

they're right, this isn't fair.
mostly when nia is around,

"What did she say?!" anya asked kneeling in front of me, she has her
'Military Mask' on as I like to call it, she mentally put it on when she numb herself so she can't feel any emotions. similar to what lexa always has when she's in front of people. when I said nothing but stare into the thin air she grabbed a hold of my hands
"Hey...Hey! I asked you a question, Marine! I expect an Answer!" anya yelled louder but she and I, both knew it was too late.

"no one should have to die just like that... not to someone like her!" she said grabbing my face, noticing I was falling apart but not admitting it, she always knew how I felt though, most of the time she knows me better than I know myself. I extracted away from her fingertips and stared down, it never surprised me the way the dead's eyes always manage to look into mine. as if they're still begging for the help no one can give them. even the best doctors lose battles and watch as the people laying there accept that death had finally caught up to them.

"yu gonple Este don" I murmured as I used two fingers to close her lifeless eyes. I've witnessed many people die for as long as I can remember, but it never fails to hunt my imagination each time. God! even to this day I still dream about those who died right in front of me. their blood poured in between my hands and fingers. I wake up at night crying, sometimes forgetting it's not real... it was at one point but was over. And asking them to leave me alone but it never stops. it has been happening for as long as I'm alive. as long as I keep failing to save them... it'll never stop!

after my mind was brought back to this situation,
I stood up, stepping back.
"her pyre will begin after the storm" and I walked away. again!

"Luna! shouldn't we talk about this?" Bellamy called for me but I just kept walking. 'what's there to talk about? she's dead. people die

.....................
Hello... I'm so fucking late 😭😭
But I logged into the app and noticed people actually reairng this so here one chapter. And I'll be publishing another. 👌🏼 thank you.
Please press that heart and let me know if I should keep going. ♥♥