32 - Nothing but the Broken Empty Glass

Lexa's POV

"Greetings, this is the hospital of Polis City, how may I help you this evening?" Asked an unfamiliar voice

"I'm calling to get updates on a patient named Clarke Griffin," I responded attempting to disguise the discomfort that I still feel ever since I spotted her helpless body in the stairwell during the attack.

"Before we could provide you any information, may I ask what is your name and relationship with the patient?" she told, she's new to this job I could easily tell.

"Woods, Alexandria Woods. I should already be in the system since I call every day" I replied. Leaving out the part where she questioned my relationship with Clarke... I honestly don't know. She's a friend, she's a partner at work. But shes also... yeah, my mind isn't thinking straight so i have no idea what am I even to Clarke.

"Ahh, yes. My apologies Ms.Woods. I do see your contact information here now, and ill have to put you on hold while I get Ms.Griffin's Doctor, will that be alright?" She said feeling embarrassed as she shuddered with her words.

"That's fine" I whispered.

While waiting, I noticed how silent this island really is.

No cars driving by,

No people hastening to work,

No need to sign papers,

Oh Hell! although I do miss the view of skyscrapers taller than the clouds.

at the moment... the only yellow color I seem to ever come across with was the sunset or the sunrise... not a single taxi! which I happen to actually be thankful for... but the only yellow color I miss is...well, a certain golden-haired blonde, who always has a contagious smile, the one who holds the complete ocean and the entire sky in her deep blue eyes.

God knows I could drown in them. But I'm perfectly alright with Submerging in them any time... and the way she playfully mirrors my smirk executes my lungs to suffocate. plus the ironic part is that I wouldn't have even noticed I stood there clutching my breath until she looks away snickering.

Speaking of blonde, cerulean eyes, astonishing smile, I wondered how Clarke really has been. Besides from all the information the doctors give out,

of course... I bet being in a coma is hard... I mean its a dark place with no doors nor a light switch.

Does she feel trapped?

Maybe she does and it's taking me so damn long to find a way out.

I just need to find nia... it won't wake Clarke but someone has to pay

Is she scared? I wish I could switch places with her and maybe then the world will turn like it always has been for the past billions of years...

It still does. It is just...

The only difference is the media misses her so badly and everyone is in chaos... let's be honest, her company is the best of the best. Therefore, when it comes to networking and getting all the latest news about every topic I could ever think of... without Clarke. The offices fall apart, everything is so unorganized, dreadful and most of all.... lonely, dead and empty!

All those days I talked to her beside the hospital bed... I wonder if she heard me.

*Looking back*

"Hey Goodmorning Clarke," I said as I entered the private hospital room.

"I hope your day was alright, they didn't do too much test... did they?"

I asked as if I expected her to respond back.