chapter fourteen

Miles

"What the actual fuck are you doing here?" I ask, starting at Demi with confusion as she smiles up at me from her seat on the couch, my parents say across from her. I literally just woke up and came down in my short pjs and tank top, but also not suspecting my boss to be here.

"We are going out." She announces and I raise a brow at her, before holding my hands up.

"Woah dude, I'm sorry but I like my boys-" She cuts me off, laughing.

"No not like that! I meant like a friend hang out thing! You know, just hanging out and having fun! What do you say Starbucks and a movie right after, on me." She says and I weighed the ideas. Zelda on my Xbox or hanging out with a celeb? Which one do you think I should go with?

"Eh." I shrug. "Sounds good to me, give me twenty." What harm will it bring? Besides I can always stay up and play Zelda all night, but if it meant my friend is buying me food then I'm in.

She nods before continuing her conversation with my parents while I went and got ready.

When finished, I kiss my parents goodbye before following Demi to her car.

"Have you ever tried Starbucks before?" She asks me and I shook my head as I flicker through the radio stations, trying to look for a song I like.

"Nope, that shit is expensive as hell." I say and she laughs as she pulls into the parking lot of the busy cafe. I follow her inside and she orders for me since I didn't know what to get.

We grab our orders and took a seat at one of the few empty tables, loud chatter could be heard and people minding their own business, some sneaking pics of Demi.

"Wait, let me take a pic." Demi stops me as I hold the beverage up to my lips, I roll my eyes as she takes her phone out and motion me to drink.

I sigh before taking a sip. She snaps the pic and grins as I put it down. "Eh, mom's coffee is so much better." I say and she giggles at me.

"So, when are you going to ask William out?" Demi asks me teasingly, her eyes filled with amusement as I cough into my beverage.

I groan, setting it down before shaking my head at her. "I'm crap at romantic shit, do you honestly think I can think up of a date? Besides we are just friends." I say and she scoffs, rolling her eyes at me as she leans back in her seat.

"That's what they all say. Listen, you should do it and you can make the date casual or something, it ain't that hard really. Put our kissing lessons to use!" She says and I raise a brow at her.

"If I ask him out, then I dare you to ask Nick out on a date." I say and her jaw drops as she looks at me.

"What?!" She shrieks. "No! That will put our friendship at risk, I don't wanna lose him. He's done and been there for me since the beginning, I-I don't even like him like that." She says and I hum, still looking at her.

"You're a pussy if you don't ask him out. Demi, he's a really good guy for you, why can't you see that? You both are single, I think you two will make perfect babies." I say and she blushes at my comment.

I smirk, giggling at her flush face. "Do it, I double dare you."

She sighs, before looking at me, cheeks red. "If I ask him out, then I dare you to ask William out. How bout that bitch?"

I gap at her before shrugging. "Fine, I'll do it." I say and she grins.

"Then I'll ask Nick out too. You know what? Let's ask them out right now so we won't chicken out later." Demi says and grabs her phone, I fidget in my seat.