chapter twenty four

Miles

I smile widely, today was the last day of summer and tomorrow starts school. I wanted to see Demi before tomorrow.

Leaving my bike by the front door, I punch in the code before opening the door and walking inside.

"Demi! It's Miles! Summer is ending and I wanted to. . ." The words died in my throat as I came to a halt, my legs frozen to the ground as my eyes widened, looking at the scenery before me with wide eyes.

Demi was sitting on her couch, her hands against her cheeks as she leans her elbows on her knees, a sad expression plastered across her face. But what really got me frozen was all the suitcases, and luggage that surrounded her. Suitcases were nearly sack up against each other and were ready to be toll out.

Demi swallows harshly as I look at her, my lower lip quivering slightly. She sighs, raking her hands through her hair before looking over at me.

"You should sit down Miles." She says, her voice harsh and scratchy, informing me that she had been crying.

I didn't make a move.

"I-I don't want to sit down, w-what's going on D?" I ask quietly, my voice cracking and whimpering slightly. I'm fine, I thought, standing here frozen in fear is nothing to be worry about, right Miles?

I started to shake, my blood running colder than ice as my legs tremble beneath me as Demi stands up on wobbly legs. She walks over to me, my eyes watering as she comes to a stop before me. She grabs my hands, squeezing them tightly, I could feel her hands tremble too.

She looks me directly in the eye, her brown eyes bloodshot yet tears were in her eyes. "I'm going away, for a movie. I'm going away for a year, and in that year I'm not coming back home. I'll be away for a while, I got the leading female act for a movie that's coming out soon, the movie is place in different places in the world, it's a action pack one. Lots of violence and shit, I'm going to be a real badass." She chuckle softly before stopping, "I-I'm not going to be here." She says quietly, and I could feel a knot forming in my throat.

"Yo-You're leaving me?" I whispered, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I should've seen this coming, Demi is a superstar, of course she'll be away for long periods of time.

Demi nods sadly and wipes away my tear with her thumb. "I'm sorry, but you can't be my maid anymore. You now have school to worry about, not someone else's house chores. I have hire some people to clean the house while I'm away. You don't need to clean anymore." She says and more tears started to stream down my face.

"B-But who's shit am I going to clean now? I only clean your shit up and you know that! I can come around and clean up, not those guys!" I say and she cups my face in her hands, tears streaming down her face as she looks at me.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, they can handle it. I want you to focus on your education okay? Don't worry about me, I'll be perfectly fine in Brazil, Monte Carlo, Japan, and in Australia. The cities are beautiful, it's gonna be a fun time. You don't have to pick my shit up anymore, okay? I think it's about time I be the one who picks up my own shit." She says and wraps her arms around me, squeezing me in a tight hug.

I wrap my arms around her waist, my fingers digging into her leather jacket as I sob into her shoulder. She rubs my back comfortingly, but I could hear her cry too as she holds onto me tighter.

"I'll call, text, Skype and all of that crap okay? You can't get rid of me that easily Miles, you're my best friend." She whispers into my ear and I nodded, but cried a little harder when I realize that I'm already missing her.