chapter nine

Miles

Demi pulls up to the entrance of the hospital and as she was slowing down, I pull open the door and ran out, I ran inside the hospital with Demi screaming after me.

I didn't care but as I ran into the waiting room, I saw my family there sitting on the chairs. Mom was hunched over, sobs wrecking from her body as dad holds onto her, Bennett had his face in his hands.

"Guys?" I whisper and mom snaps her head to my direction, and I could see the concern and sadness in her eyes.

"Miles, oh god, my baby girl." Mom says before standing up and walking over to me, engulfing me in a big bear hug. I quickly wrap my arms around her, my body trembling slightly as she holds onto me.

"Whe-Where's Theo?" I ask her, pulling away slightly as she cups my face in her hands.

"In emergency, we don't know how he is." She tells me and I open my mouth say something but a doctor walks into the waiting room, calling out Theo's name.

"Theodore Russell?" He calls and we quickly went over to him.

"How is he? Is he okay? What state is he in?" Mom asks him and the doctor looks at her for a minute, trying to hide the smile quirking up on his lips.

"In California." He says, trying to joke and if this was under any other kind of circumstances, I would probably started laughing at the spot.

He chuckles awkwardly, noticing the death glares my parents sent him for trying to lighten up the mood with a joke. "Okay, bad joke. I'm doctor Mitchell. Your son was having an asthma attack, not only have we found out that he has asthma but also the asthma occurred because he's going into puberty, his body is changing and that is what started his asthma. He wasn't responding to treatment so we have him under IV, we like to have him stay a few days just to see how he is doing. He's awake now, he's all asking for you." He informs us and I could see the relief washing over my parents in waves.

I let out a sigh of relief, glad that my brother wasn't on his death bed but only had asthma.

"Puberty, oh my god he's growing up." Mom says, her eyes watering slightly as I reach out and squeeze her hand.

"That's good, can you show us to his room?" Dad asks him and the doctor nods before leading us to Theo's room.

"Mom! Dad!" Theo cries out as the doctor opens Theo's door, mom and dad quickly rush over to his bed. I walk inside the room with Bennett behind me, I jump up on the end of Theo's bed, Bennett standing next to me as we look up at Theo. He was connected to some machines that I can't name since I don't know what they do, but he looked happy as he look at us.

"Hi baby, how are you feeling?" Mom says, stroking his cheek softly.

Theo makes a face. "My chest feels tight, but other then that I'm fine." He says, and gives us a smile.

Mom smiles at him before turning to look over at dad. "Malcom, its your turn to explain him his changes." Mom tells him and dad looks at her.

"Wait, why me?" He says and mom presses her lips together at him, her eyes narrowing.

"Because I told you when we got married that I'll explain puberty to the girls and you'll explain it the boys. I already explain it to Miles," Mom says and a scowl was quickly made on my lips, remembering about that talk.

"Right, I had to come home all bloody from school, mother, from school. I thought I was dying because I couldn't stop bleeding. I blame you for not warning me in time, I hate periods." I say and shot mom a glare as she giggles at me, looking slightly apologetic.