chapter three

Miles

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I yelled, slamming open the door with my bag in hand.

Instead of getting a replay from them, all I got was thumping steps coming from the stairs then my brother appeared.

"They went to get some Italian, they'll be back. Theo went with them too." Bennett says and I immediately grin at him.

"The Walking Dead and smoothies?" I ask and he quickly nods, grinning at me.

"I'll get the smoothies, you get it up." He says and I nod, we both quickly went our ways, me to Theo's room and him to the kitchen. I quickly put Zack back in his cage, feeding him quickly before locking it then leaving my bag in my room before going back downstairs. I went to the living room.

This was like a tradition to us, when mom and dad were out, we tend to grab junk food and watch horror, suspenseful movies or shows every time they weren't around.

Bennett actually wasn't born into this family like Theo and I had. It explains his skin color, he has darker skin then us.

Bennett's adopted.

So it pretty much explains the skin color in our family.

Mom always wanted to adopt a kid, ever since she was little. Saying that every kid deserves to be loved and have a good family. So after mom and dad got married, waited a few years then they went straight to the orphanage.

They looked around and quickly fell in love with Bennett, they said his eyes is what drag them in and trap them.

Bennett had dark brown eyes, but his eyes held a mischievous and mysteriousness behind them. His eyes always holding mystery and a dash of rebellion.

Mom and dad found him outside, dangling off a tree branch, laughing his ass off as he moved his body around.

Bennett was always laughs and love. He's 18 now and is a going to be a senior in high school.

Sometimes, when he felt like it and wanted to break the rules, he'll sneak out of the house and go on a adventure is what he called it.

He never told me what kind of adventures he had when he crept back inside his room, a wide playful grin on his lips as he crawled back in his bed.

I always wondered where he would go, sometimes wished he could take me with him. I beg him at times when I was little, but he always say when I get older that he'll take me one day.

To say, Bennett has been pretty much around since I was born really. Mom and dad love him to pieces, glad they had a son like him. Mom always say that DNA doesn't make a family, love does.

Bennett may look perfect to a lot of people, a real charmer, nice, polite, fun but he has his flaws.

Bennett has dyslexia, so he really struggle in school.

But so do I and Theo.

I have ADHD so I can't focus much, I get distracted easily, can't pay attention, and I have diffuculty of controlling my behavior and at times I get really hyper. I failed first grade because of that, so now I'm 15 and going to be a freshman in high school instead of a sophomore.

I hate school. It gets mixed up in my head and it just frustrates me a lot because all the other kids brag about it to my face that they're way smarter and I'm stupid, that they'll get a good job and get lots of money while I'll become a maid or something and get little money.

I would argue with them, saying I am smart and not stupid.

But it would never change, my parents pulled me out of public school then put me into a school for special kids. In reality, a school for people like me who need tons of help.