Part 13- Powers of a Medium

(Pic Credit: https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/675540012835806271/)

(Wassup! This is one of the good chapters, there are like 5 in this 19-20 part book, so I had a lot of fun writing them. This one, the grief one, and a few of the ending ones really keep me writing this because I don't want to end this before writing those. Anyway, hope I did a good job! Catch you at the bottom!)

-Ethan

From the sounds of it, I didn't have a choice. Amy was practically halfway here by the time Mark sent that text, so there wasn't much room to argue. And who was I to tell him no?

For the past 2 weeks, Mark has been in utter pain not being able to see anything, let alone his friends and family. Giving him the comfort of seeing Amy again will really help him.

Still, though, I'm nervous. I can't help feeling like I'll be cast aside once Amy gets here, and Mark won't need to talk to me ever again. I feel like I'll just be used to talk between the two and any friendship I had with Mark will go away.

I swallow my worries as we walk to the park, our agreed meeting spot. The park is the most famous place in the whole town, since it has an amazing view from the bridge. Although I'm still not comfortable being by that bridge, the feeling of dread has eased since the last time I was here. I no longer associate it with death or what could have been, but it's now a mix of that and a sort of hope I can't put my finger on.

The day is cold, the snow that had fallen last night casting a white blanket over the frosty grass and trees. I didn't realize how much I missed the snow until I noticed how much it glistens in the sunlight. It's blinding, and though Mark can't feel the glare on his eyes, I can tell he's mesmerized.

Mark has this stupid smile on his face as he walks alongside me, turning his head from one side to the other to take in the full view. I can't help but smile too, seeing how happy he is; his excitement is contagious. I try not to stare at him for too long so I turn forward again, and notice where we are.

"Almost there." I say calmly, a puff of smoke escaping my lips from the cold. Mark practically jumps up, his eyes lighting up with that amazement you might find with little children on Christmas. He tries to calm down, act more "manly," the "I don't care" vibe, but he can hardly contain himself.

I can't hardly imagine his situation. Not seeing the love of his life for what must have seemed like months, must have been devastating. I'm just glad I can help him in some way.

We continue walking, and I shiver a little under my jean jacket and hoodie I'm wearing. I'm not sure if it's more-so cold or exciting, but I'm fine with either.

Mark looks cozy in the white turtleneck I gave him about a week ago, his hair tied half up half down. He looks so sophisticated, as if he's attending a board meeting or something. I can feel the confidence oozing off him, and it's a shame Amy won't be able to see him, for she would fall in love with him all over again probably.

I hope she's as excited as Mark is.

-Mark

My blood seems to pump through my veins at break-neck speed, I can't stop my breathing from coming in quick, exhausting spurts. I tuck my hands in my pockets to avoid Ethan seeing my shaking hands. I can't help the smile across my face, I can't put it away, and, though I must look like an idiot right now, I don't try to suppress my happiness. I simply pretend to look at the stunning background as we walk across the small town.

It's absolutely beautiful. A world of white. In LA, we'd hardly ever had snow, let alone this much. The powder seems to cake onto the trees and the grass like frosting, glistening in the bright sun. I want to look away, for fear of it blinding my eyes, but I am too entranced.