Part 3- The Day Ahead

(Hello again! I just finished writing this part so I hope you enjoy, remember that this is just a story and that this doesn't reflect the personalities of any characters in this book onto real life, and that it also doesn't reflect my opinions or interpretations of these real people. Also, remember that if you are sensitive to bullying, suicide, depression, death, or anything similar then please don't read this book. The entire book has undertones of topics similar to these so it really won't ever get any better. Thank you so much! I hope you like this part! And it always helps to put comments or polite critiques of what I can do better, since I'm still growing and adjusting to Wattpad and the world of fanfiction. Thank you :D)

Ethan

I awaken suddenly to the loud buzz coming from my phone; my alarm.

With a jolt, I lift my head and rub my eyes to rid of sleep before rolling tiredly out of bed. I turn off my alarm and go over to the dresser, still in darkness. In the corner of my eye, I see Mark sitting quietly, staring at me.

"Finally," He says with a roll of his eyes, "How long did you sleep for? It felt like four days."

I sigh, remembering he probably doesn't have to sleep. After all, he's dead. He doesn't need anything anymore.

"Were you just sitting there watching me?" I ask as I glance over to him. He blushes a little, realizing how bad it sounds.

"Well, what else was I supposed to do?" He demands defensively. He stands up and I divert my attention back to my dresser, looking for things to wear.

In my haze, I grab a green and white shirt and some jean pants that don't fit me quite right, always seem to be falling down. I grab a belt from my closet and then open my door.

Mark follows as I head down the stairs.

Yesterday's events play in the back of my mind, like a forever-rewinding clip that can't be paused.

Downstairs, the lights are already on. The kitchen steams and smells of pancakes and bacon, and my mouth waters even though I know they're not for me.

I wander around the kitchen and just happen to steal a piece of bacon as I pass by. Mark watches me on the stairs.

I yawn and stretch before sitting down with some Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and a carton of milk.

When I finish, I notice Mark standing by the kitchen counter with puppy eyes.

"Can I have some?" He asks, even though it's clear that he's not that hungry.

"Can you eat it?" I counter. I'm not going to give him bacon if he can't even eat it.

"Well there's no hurt in trying..." Mark states quietly, and I guess he's right. I set down my spoon and rise from the stool to get Mark some bacon.

He eats it right down, sighing in satisfaction with the magnificent taste.

"That's good." Mark says. "And yes, apparently I can eat, thank you."

--

Arriving at school after a long walk, my mind is lost in thought. Finally, my thoughts have started to calm down, and I am able to process information with more ease than yesterday.

It is easier to accept the information as fact when that's all you're thinking about, after all.

I left Mark at my house with another piece of bacon, hoping that Andrew wouldn't notice three pieces missing. It's a long shot, but I didn't want to leave Mark with nothing while I go to school, and I didn't want to bring him to school to distract me, I already have enough problems as it is.