♥︎ "𝙎𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝘿𝙖𝙮" ♥︎

Genre: Fluff

Words: 1117

Relationship Status: Dating

POV: Chris'

~~~~~

☆ I woke up snuggling my boyfriend in our bed that we shared tired as hell. As I open my eyes I started to slowly release him from my arms trying my best not to wake him up. Karl is basically nocturnal so he has never been much of a morning person.

"Mhh, what are you doing Chris?" He said in his adorable morning voice and rubbed his eyes.

"Oh, I didn't mean to wake you up. I was just getting ready for work."

for someone who doesn't sleep much, he is easy to wake up.

"Work?" He asked while turning to look at me.

"We need to film a video for the gaming channel today," I say while standing up to stretch. "Rember?"

"How about we just not go to work for today," He looks at me with his puppy eyes and I can't help but want to do as he says. "We could just lay in bed all day and snuggle while watching anime."

"I can't lie, that does sound nice," I lean down and kiss him on the lips. "But, work is work and we have it."

"I knew there was gonna be a 'but' in your sentence." He sighs, "How about we take a sick day."

"Well, normally when you take a sick day you are sick..." I tell him.

"Let's just pretend. You and me together all day! Picture it. Doesn't it just sound incredible?"

I roll my playfully and think for a second. It would be nice to take a break and spend some time with Karl. We have been filming something big for the main channel so Karl and I can barely get any 1 on 1 time with him. The only time we are together by ourselves is when we are sleeping. Our schedule recently has just been film, go to sleep, film go to sleep over and over again.

"Screw it. I'll call in sick," I reach for my phone to call Jimmy.

Karl gasped in excitement. Even though I couldn't see his face, I knew he was so happy. Am I proud of myself that I am going to lie and say I'm sick just to miss work so I can spend more time with my boyfriend? Maybe not. Anyway, I call Jimmy to tell him the fake news.

"Hey Chris," Jimmy says first through the phone picking up after a few rings.

"Hey Jimmy," I say in a fake raspy voice trying my best to sound sick. "I don't mean to cancel, and I'm sorry but I think Karl and I are sick."

"Sick? How bad is it? Like, Covid bad or just the flu?"

"I was feeling a little sick yesterday after filming and when I woke up I felt way worse. I think I got him sick too. I don't think we have Corona though."

Jimmy chuckles. "Well, you two can take the day off but next time you are feeling under the weather don't swap saliva with your boyfriend."

"What a classy way to put it. Thanks, Jimmy I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay, make sure you don't have Corona before coming into work tomorrow," He said and hung up the phone.

Karl squeals, "Yay!" He claps his hands quickly. "Boyfriend time!"

"Playing hookey with my boyfriend... I'm not sure if it can get much better than this," I say while walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" He says while sitting up.

"I'm going to make you some breakfast, so you stay here and I'll be back," I walk out of the room and head into the kitchen. 

Quickly I whipped up some scrambled eggs and bacon for the two because it's his favorite. I'm definitely not the best cook, but he appreciates it when I do small things like making breakfast so I do what I need to do to make him happy. After I finished cooking I headed back into the room. Karl was laying down watching anime with the large confider over him.

"I made your favorite, scrambled eggs, with no ketchup and bacon that's not too crunchy," I hand him the plate and sit down next to him with mine.

"You know me so well," He says with a glowing smile and tossing the confider to the other side of the bed.

"Well, I'd hope so because ya know we're dating," I kiss him on the forehead and we dig into our meals. 

☆ TIME-SKIP ☆

(Five Minutes)

We finish eating about the same time so I take our plates and put them on the ground. Karl throws the confider back over us. He climbs right next to me and places his head on my chest and wraps his hand around my upper waist.

"What were we even going to film today?"

"An Among Us video with other streamers I think."

"Yikes, that might suck for them."

"I'm sure they can get Niki and Eret or something to fill in for us. But, don't worry about that. Today it's just you and me."

"Yeah, that's true."

I wrap my arm around him and rub his back. As the morning went on,  Karl fell back asleep which is good because he needs it. I stayed up watching anime and I never stopped rubbing his back. It's crazy to think about how this started. I constantly annoyed Jimmy about how I wanted Karl to join the crew. Every single day I would mention it to him at least once without fail. Jimmy cracked a little by letting Karl be a cameraman for a few videos. He hoped that it would satisfy me but I just begged him twice as much after spending more time with Karl. Now, we're dating and it's been one hell of a journey but I'm glad that this is how it's going. ☆

I really do love this man.

~~~~~

Sorry, it's been about a week! I was planning to thank you all after hitting 100 reads but now we have 300! My first plan was to make a part one to a chapter but I got lazy. Then I had an idea of Chris being drunk but that idea fell through and writers block hit. (I will rewrite it hopefully)

Please leave suggestions below for the next story because I am running out of ideas that are quick to write. ♥︎

If you haven't already, please vote for this chapter. All you need to do is click that little star on your screen. It helps me stay motivated and helps the algorithm! :)

Quick shout-out to anyone who commented or voted it made me smile!