𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙚 𝘽𝙤𝙮

Genre: Fluff

Relationship Status: Strangers

Words: 1438

POV: Karl's

A/N: Karl is not in the Mrbeast crew and Covid is not real in this.

~~~~~

"Thank you for watching the stream!" I stand up from my chair and walk towards my camera. "Here's a goodnight hug. Smiley faces in the chat when you see this!" Smiley faces fill the chatbox and with that, I end the stream.

After ending my stream, I slumped back into my black cushioned chair and spun around slowly a few times before stopping when it came to my desk again. My hands move to my forehead and start to rub circles trying to soothe my pounding headache. Grabbing a lighter and one of my personal favorite candles from Bath & Body Works, I light it and set it carefully on my desk. It was a bit tricky trying to light it and it took me a few tries because the candle was worn out and the wick was nearly gone. It was there, but severely burnt just sat there wanting to be put out of their misery. I needed to go to the store and get a new one for sure but when I'm not working on streams, I procrastinate on just about everything else. The scent was a simple rose. Sure it was a basic one, but it calmed me down after having a rough day like today. And judging by the state of the candle, I've been having a lot of rough days recently. Not only have I been trying to come up with new ideas for streaming, but I also try and do it daily causing my mental health to deteriorate.

"Tomorrow," I say with a sigh. "Tomorrow I will go pick up a new candle and I will just relax for the whole day. No stream, no almost burnt candle that I can barely light, just relaxing." I power off my P.C. and monitor.

For the rest of the night, all that happened was I made myself Ramen noodles to eat and watched the best show ever, "Survivor" for a bit. I blew out my candle, shut off the light, set my alarm, and passed out hoping the next day would be better and was now left with my 3:00 A.M scenarios.

TIME-SKIP

(Next Morning)

Before I knew it, the annoying sound of my alarm filled my room waking me up.

"Ugh, why did I even set this stupid thing?" I complain while shutting it off by mashing the button a few times. "I'd rather have a screwed-up sleep scheduled than do this for another morning." Despite trying to fall back asleep, I couldn't.

My alarm went off at 11:30 which may not seem early to many people, this was way too early for me considering I am basically nocturnal now even though I do my best to go sleep at a fairly early time. Not getting up right away, I go on my phone and check the notifications. There were some texts and snaps from my small group of friends that I just ignored. Snapchat and I message are the only social apps that my notifications were turned on. I checked Twitter and many tweets that mentioned me.

"AHH, I MISSED KARL'S STREAM" or "Guys, Karl is so adorable I can't " were the pretty frequent thing to see. Besides some of my friends, nothing really interested me on there so I just swiped out of the app.

Because it was almost lunch, I skipped out on breakfast and figured while I was at the mall today grabbing my candle I could just grab a bite to eat there. The food court kinda sucked but I can't cook anything besides some packeted ramen so it beats me. I had nothing really planned for the day so it was time for me to go to the mall. I grabbed my phone, keys, and my wallet. My hair was all ready in-tack so I just threw on a maroon sweater with a black collared shirt, black pants to go with it, and then my checkered vans. I was out the door and in my car soon after changing.

TIME-SKIP

AT THE MALL

I walk into the mall and head right to Bath and Body Works. I go there every once in a while to get new candles. I've been there enough to know exactly where it is though. I walk into the mini-store in the mall and look for the candle I came here for. While I was there I sat on the ground and scanned the bottom rack carefully to check if there was another candle I wanted to buy before getting the rose-scented one. Being lost in my thoughts, I couldn't hear the person approach behind me.

"Need any help?" A voice says.

It was a male voice and it caught me off-guard. I snap out of my thoughts and turn around quickly. "Huh? Oh yeah," I pause for a second and stare into his eyes and admire the color of them there was a man who looked my age standing in front of me. He was wearing the Bath and Body Works uniform. "I'm trying to find the rose candle," Why did I just say that? I know where it is.

"Here ya go. It's right over here I think," The boy reaches a hand down to help me up so I take it. After he helped me up, he started to walk away so I followed him "I'm new to the job so I could be completely wrong," he jokes. "I just moved here too."

"Where did you move from?" I ask him trying to hold our conversation because this guy seemed to catch my eye even though my social anxiety was telling me to do anything but that.

"New York City oddly enough," He chuckles causing my stomach to flutter. God this dude is cute.

"New York? Woah, what made you come down here? It's a lot different than the big city."

"I was born and raised down here on a farm but went to New York for college. Once I was done I moved back here to be closer to my family. It's a different town from where I'm used to but still, I'm close enough."

"A farm? I don't know how you adjusted to college in New York after that. The city nonetheless"

"Ha yeah, I never really fully adjusted to it. Still nice though."

"I bet so," I say.

He comes to a stop and reaches down and picks up the candle I was "looking" for when really I knew where it was the whole time.

"Ah, here we go!" He hands it to me. "Anything else I could help you with?"

"Um that's all I needed," I stutter out then smile trying to make it less awkward.

"Alright then, I'll ring up your candle for you," we walk to the counter, and he scanned it then put it in a bag. "That'll be $24."

I pull out my wallet and give him the money in cash. He hands me my bag and my change back.

"Take care," he says with a smile and a wave.

"Thanks. You too," I turn and walk away cringing about how weird I had just acted.

Once I exited the store I couldn't help but think about him and blush. I got a good look at him when he was scanning my candle. He has dark brown hair that is in a side-swept style and it looked like it was in perfect condition. His eyes were also brown but had blue and green sticking out in some parts. The boy was probably an inch taller than me and fairly built. It was such a small interaction but this guy, there was something special about him. I don't know what it is and I can't explain why I feel like this to him. But this will not be the last time I show up to Bath and Body Works and maybe next time I won't show up for the candles. ☆

~~~~~

If you've seen me publish this before, no you didn't.

If you see mistakes I haven't gone back and edited this yet so my bad. :]

I love you all and I hope your day is going awesome and if it isn't, I hoped this chapter could help even if it's just by a little!

Leave suggestions below for the next story. It might take some time because other people gave me some.

If you haven't already, please vote for this chapter. All you need to do is click that little star on your screen. It helps me stay motivated and helps the algorithm! :)

Quick shout-out to anyone who commented or voted it made me smile!