Chapter 2

Hermione's hazed depiction of the matter was undeniably unreliable. Everything in her mind wasn't trustworthy, it were as if she had a picture pasted in her memory yet there were splotches. She had sentences she heard from war yet some words were missing.

She knew very little, but what she did know was the feeling of a tight grip on her wrist being lured out of the imprisoned cell.

"This one better be of some use." A voice peered through, yet she was hardly regaining any sense of stability to put a name with the voice.

"The dark lord always has a need." The second voice responded, she hated the words they exchanged. She still had her blurry perception of time, yet she was already hearing of the dark lords name.

Dolohov and Greyback, those are who had a stance on her current state. Death eaters swarmed the castle, they were at every angle, in every corner, guarding every entrance and all exits.

"We're taking her to Pomfrey, she needs to be conscious to be useful." Dolohov spoke as they turned the corner making way to the infirmary. She resisted, yet the lasting effects of crucio took their toll causing a limit on movement. The pain still carried through to where it was almost as if she was dragging her feet against the floor beneath.

She was thrown into the room where others lied. Some were in critical condition, and others were chained down to the thin spaced beds. Madame Pomfrey showed looks of pain and agony as she cared for the beings she had present. There were death eaters practically watching her like a hawk, whilst she kept her gaze focused bandaging and healing each individual who required it.

It was as clear as day that not a single soul left that battlefield without a mark nor a scratch, there were dozens being treated, yet there were also familiar faces being securely guarded by death eaters that did whatever they could to move from the space they were isolated into. She didn't know which question she wanted answered first, yet by the look of Pomfrey's stoned stare  she shouldn't have asked anything too loud.

"This one, test her memory, she can barely stay up right." Dolohov muttered, whilst he practically chucked Hermione to Pomfrey's hold, whilst she gripped her upper arm keeping her two feet on the ground.

Hermione took a few looks around as she tried to pinpoint any face of familiarity. She saw Luna and Ginny across the room whilst they read looks of misery. Practically every single being who survived the battle were heavily surrounded by death eaters, whilst their bodies shivered and lips quivered.

"Miss Granger are you alright?" Pomfrey slightly spoke whilst she kept her eyes at every corner and whispered in almost silence.

"What--happened?" Hermione forcefully spoke, whilst she still shrugged to keep a steady posture.

"Hermione, what was last you remembered?" She uttered while she sat Hermione down slow and steadily.

"I--the war--Harry, dead--" She spat words that flowed through her head, none of which correlated with the previous.

"Dear, that was days back." Pomfrey said confused and with slight worry.

"What? How long was I in the dungeons for?" She immediately questioned.

"A while miss Granger." She said, whilst Hermione's eyes scattered the room, in hopes of seeing a door that wasn't blocked off, or a window that shed light, yet there was nothing. All that stood were dozens of the dark lords workers.

"Well, we have to get out, we can't stay--"

"Hermione, put away you're Gryffindor pride, actually kill it off from now. Don't try to be smart, don't be foolish. Keep you're gaze fixed down, whatever you might think will work, won't. People have been trying to get out of this place for days, none of which succeeded." Pomfrey turned her head as did Hermione to the remaining students whom of which looked dreadful. They all looked as if they had been tortured, and practically flinched at any given movement.