Chapter 9

The rest of their time was quiet, Malfoy simply left as soon as she finished what lied on the tray.

He did that every morning as the days passed, Hermione never really ate otherwise, she never had an appetite. Yet with Malfoy's close watch she didn't quite really have a choice. He stood at the same time, in the doorway of her enclosure and left when the tray was wiped out clean.

Hermione kept one thing on her mind, the determination to pull through.

She still couldn't stop thinking about it. All of it. The words In the paper, the indications Narcissa spoke, and the curiosity of if her confinement would ever come to an end. She wasn't remembering a thing of use, how much longer till it were to be forced out? She didn't think that would be the immediate response Voldemort or any of the others would give, since it had a lack of benefit, yet she found eternal captivity a dreadful thought. It were although the seeming reality.

It would be her new normal until the dark lord got as he pleased.  

The days would mesh into one, yet she listened to what was asked. Just until she had a fixed plan.

Just maybe If she proceeded without any suspicions, a plan would formulate soon enough.

Most days were like the previous. The silence that filled the room, along with Andromeda and Malfoy's remarks, with the same bitter tones they shared. Hermione would be out on the garden for merely thirty minutes a day. She would walk around, as she stood clear from the door with the lock, she learned from the last time. Yet being outside truly didn't differentiate then from the indoor walls. Her mind stood the same, whilst her mental state was not improving either, it stayed in the same dull place. 

By the look of Malfoy, she reckoned the same went for him. 

His was far different. Hermione went on day by day not able to stop her deepening thoughts. She had practically no control. Nothing were truly in her hands.

The lack of life in Malfoy, along with the heavy weighted bags that lied beneath his eyes, and his repetitive beverage of choice. It all pointed to someone who held themself higher than what they truly thought.

Within her time of isolation, she had not a thing to do. She merely sat, thought, and inspected her surroundings. It was simply all she could do. She would either be accompanied by Andromeda or Malfoy as they kept close watch, yet she was mostly with Malfoy as Andromeda usually trailed off.

They both would occasionally interrogate her with a few useless questions. They would ask something of one of the horcruxes, whilst Hermione sat in front not spilling a single word. They eventually grew to ask less and less.

Hermione usually was to be watched at most hours of the day, yet even in the circumstance in which she was alone she still felt eyes. She grew paranoid to the idea that walls could hear and the family portraits could see all that went.

She even grew anxious with the possibility she were being tracked. After all it wouldn't be the craziest thought.

She began to think that she had inspected every inch of the corridor, every corner of her room, and every plant in the garden. Those were the spots she stayed in repetievly. The one space she wanted to roam the most were the cellars that lied beneath. She knew they were not empty, yet the question of whom else sat within stood tall. She had an idea of a few peers that would sat slumped, yet there was no way to tell for certain. 

She also would write in the journal Anna handed as she was instructed.

There were questions within the pages in which she was asked to answer below.