Chapter 21

She almost thinks how she's never listened to someones words so close.

So vividly trying to make sense of the jumbled sentences they were throwing out.

Of course till it was someone who never showed even an ounce of feeling--vulnerability.

But this time she listened to him. Listened to every heavy weighted sentence.

All of his chaotic words, she even analyzed his tense veins that shot with his loud voice that almost cancelled everything else out.

And she has no clue on how to make sense of any of it.

Not even the others had seen Malfoy spit out such words, yet a day after his confession with Granger, as he entered the Manors dining room, his hands ravishing through his scalp, his face so red it looked as if he could burst, Theo knew he might have done something he had regret.

"Malfoy the hell is up with you?" Theo speaks in concern, as Malfoy bursts in, disheveled in every sense.

"Come on--give me one." Malfoy spits out, as he paces along the room, biting his lip so hard he could bleed.

Theo can see the crazy in his eyes, and he knows Malfoy is never stable enough for his own good.

He figures Malfoy would be dead without him.

"You're speaking crazy-" Theo says, as Malfoy does nothing but curse himself out beneath his breath.

"Hit me--stab me--curse me, fucking hex me for all I care, but make sure I never see her fucking face again--" He spoke, his face almost reading regret.

"The hell did you do this time?" Theo urgently speaks, trying with all he can to get something out of Malfoy, anything to explain his behavior.

"I told her--merlin--the shit I told her..." He speaks, his voice almost shaking.

And at this point Theo knows it's about Granger.

Of course it was.

"I told her I wanted her so fucking bad--how could I say such a thing?" Malfoy almost spirals, his regret eating him from the inside out.

It's all because what he said was too true for even him to handle.

That she would regret ever letting him touch her.

That a man like Weasley would be better fit for her. All his good morals--his heroic persona, everything he wasn't.

Everything Granger matched with was Weasley. And everything she loathed was him, a Malfoy, a death eater.

Or so he thought.

He didn't know how wrong he really was.

Because Hermione didn't match with whom everyone expected. No, she actually loathed the idea everyone made out for her. She had a different drive in her that people would have judged, but at the end of it all, people had the idea of her and Ron all wrong.

"Grab your wand and hex the living shit out of me--anything to make me stop fucking thinking about what I told her--"

As the effects of war came after the damage, Theo promised himself he'd lean off the drugs--the alcohol, all of it, and with that he made sure his best mate would do the same.

With time it became all that kept Malfoy sane. Without it he didn't have a coping outlet, he didn't have anything to keep him composed, and Theo saw how it effected him. Made him have outbursts. But he swore to keep it all away from the both of them.