Chapter 5

Not much came to Hermione's mind on what to do in the closed in space, yet she took a few minutes to take a more intricate look around the room she were given.

She swiped her fingers along the dust consumed dresser that stood on its lonesome, as she opened the top drawer to find clothing pieces of all sorts. It was filled with hats, gloves, and many more essentials.

She examined the pieces as the bright red item caught her eye out of the several grey and black tones, nothing she would ever willingly wear. It were nothing of her liking, nothing in there really was. Family portraits clung onto the walls. Even then the Malfoy's looked distinguisingly miserable, distraught if you will. Even years prior to the present time, they each wore that cold dead stare that practically lived upon their expression.

Hermione scoured the rooms space as she peeked into the bathroom, and felt the sheets and stableness of the decent sized bed. Every angle of the room were tidy, rustic looking, yet thoroughly clean none the less.

The Malfoy's were with no doubt poise in their Manor.

Yet in other departments some would describe them otherwise.

Hermione noticed the favor the Malfoy's took in family portraits. There were a few scurried around the corners of the occupied space. Each one was the same, yet taken in a different year, as they were all labeled with the time frame. Yet one could not differentiate one picture from the other, they all looked undeniably the same. It was strange, unsettling, as most things in that place were.

At that point Hermione had memorized each angle. Nothing else she could question nor instigate. She knew she couldn't do much within that exact time. It was as clear as day that Andromeda was ordered to hold a heavy watch on Hermione and her stay, she could come by at any hour of the day. With a heavy watch like that Hermione could not do as she desired, she had to stay put for the time being.

Something deep down told her to act upon the thought of escaping. She turned to face the door of the bedroom as she slow and steadily hovered her hand around the nob, as she carefully started to twist as the suspense grew heavy. It were indeed unlocked.

It couldn't have been. Were it a trap? Hermione knew it wouldn't be that easy to simply waltz on out with no precaution. Yet as the door slightly creaked open and she stared out, beyond the long ended corridor, she knew she wouldn't take a step forward. She knew she couldn't do as she desired, it was not that easy. Perhaps that was why the door remained unlocked in the first place.

It did not matter if she made her way out, anything could be waiting by the dark turned corner. It was a terrifying thought, being under stricter supervision, she couldn't handle that. It all hit her at once that maybe if she did get on their bad side then she would most likely experience terror after terror. After all, that never seemed to end, even after war this is where she sat slumped. 

The dark void that surrounded, it never seemed to leave her side. It was always present. Isolation was a terrifying experience, especially to Hermione. She was naturally so used to being accompanied, yet that was before. Now it's just all a passing thought come to life.

It was moments like these where she began to get the turning feel within her stomach. Where her breathing instantly picked up, and she had to take moments to return composed. Yet there wasn't a thing in sight to help aid in her comfort. She turned to her side and she didn't see a casual passing friend, no most of them were long gone by now.

Even the ones whom she didn't favor, anyone would be better than no one. 

Usually her internal mind would never deceive her. No--it always worked in her favor and helped guide her to her wanted feeling, and answer. Yet now after it all, she had no control over her thought process, just as she had no control of what happened on the battle grounds, she couldn't stop her mind from replaying it.