Chapter 12

After Hermione's encounter with Nott she simply pondered away from where he sat, and looked through the shelves picking out books with words of any relevant use. She read up on old oculmency books and even ones correlating with the history of Horcruxes. It didn't really help her memory, but reading up on hundreds of pages text was the most useful thing she believed she could do.

She set her mind to open every book possible.

She even pulled out ones that read up on the history of horcuxes. They explained everything she already knew, and nothing that would really help in her favor. She wanted bits and pieces of her memory back, yet all she was ordered to do wasn't quite helping.

With the rusted book In hand, she thinks back to what Nott had said. He spoke with aggravation lining his voice, but in the circumstance they were in, his abrupt words weren't surprising. When he spoke of the war he looked dull, and almost spoke bitterly as he went on. It made her think of if she did actually win the war. If she did walk out with her friend still standing, as they finally would take a breath of air and wouldn't have to fight any longer. Then she thought of what would have happened to them. Theo had proposed a quite clear depiction of their state.

They would have been behind bars. They could had even been put on an immediate death sentence. Being an accomplice to the dark lord and aiding in his havoc, they would certainly not have left with an easy pass.

She wondered what would happen then, even if they somehow did get a ticket out of Azkaban, their names would have been shadowed upon for good. She never considered their view if the tables had turned, but it wasn't quite necessary since they weren't. 

She doesn't want to give a single care. She doesn't--thats what she keeps telling herself, she wouldn't feel bad. How ridiculous. She deems herself a fool. She wouldn't praise the idea of them like that. She wanted to but she didn't. She thinks she's gone mad.

Her hate for Voldemort's line up was strong, but there was a distinguished difference between any other death eater and ones she went to school with.

In the library's shelf there were daily prophets stacked back to back in order of time. She pulled out the most recent and skimmed through the lines.

She reads through the usual info and checks over each and every word for anything useful of the outside talk. She checks front and back but most of it was all she's read before. 

Death eaters spotted on the lookout for potential escapes...

That was the main headline as it inevitable for people to have escaped in the midst of war.

She knew Voldemort was to keep a heavy lookout for those who fought on the opposing side and survived.

She anticipated if she were to ever come face to face with him. Primarily those around her such as Malfoy, Andromeda and Anna practically reported back everything he needed from her. Voldemort knew almost everything and kept close track on her progress, as she assumed he used Malfoy as his most reliable source.

Eventually snapping out of thought she shuts the few heavy books and sets down the paper, as she makes her way back to her room. It wasn't long before she heard footsteps edge their way near and close to the entryway. Malfoy's face was more still than on the usual bases. She questioned why, but she also wished she didn't question too much. Yet her mind never let her pick and choose what she could and could not worry on about. She wishes she could control her own thought.

"I have been instructed to look into your mind, not by my word." Malfoy wearily spoke and felt the desired need to include the fact that he didn't choose to do as he says, and as she heavily feared.