Chapter 3

Hermione was being dragged by the tight hold upon her wrist as they scurried across the floor beneath.

She felt completely horrid.  

Dolohov had taken her back to the infirmary, whilst Hermione grieved the loss of her fellow classmate. She couldn't believe if were still happening. Death was being witnessed right in front of where she stood, and it were to most likely not to be the last.

Hermione felt nauseous, uneasy. She was uncontrollably shaking as her body grew weak, she couldn't find the strength nor the ability to ease the tension or the tarnish of agonizing distraught. The pain carried through her entire being. Not just mentally but physically as well for an absurd amount of reasons. She could not summon the ability to feel anything settling nor even capable of feeling anything not stomach wrenching.

"Guard her closely, if she even merely moves a muscle take action." Dolohov spoke, as he threw her back into the hospital wing. Death eaters surrounded closely, as she quivered in fear, whilst they all looked down upon her.

Hermione looks up and practically can not see a mere ounce of light. Every flicker is covered by dark, and every corner she turns is heavily cloaked. She hardly even remembers what the feeling or endurance of light is like. She hadn't seen any since battle.

"She will be taken back soon." Dolohov announced as he strolled away. Hermione didn't want to know what he meant but deep down she did. Yet Deep down she truly wish she didn't.

She had wished her thoughts were less dark and gruesome. They weren't, they were painful and realistic.

She was waiting for the tears to stroll down, yet she couldn't quite make them out.

Resentment and hopelessness consumed her being ever since she saw her peers fall on the battle grounds. It were a never ending loop.

After witnessing the agonizing suffering and death of those whom she held close, she knew her torture had just began. 

Now was merely just the start.

The idea of death never truly frightened her. Yet that did indeed change once she had seen it right before her very own gaze. Time and time again.

She had even seen souls whom she never favored leave right before her. Lavender Brown was an example, she doesn't see much but the image of Greyback taking her last breaths replayed a few too many times. As did others.

She saw it loud and clear.

Lucius Malfoy wasn't too far off from Hermione's stand, when he was the last sight of Fred Weasley. The Malfoy's always had it out for the Weasleys. They never hurt a soul.

He casted the immediate killing curse in which Fred had been tortured to shambles prior. Hermione looked ever so close as the curse took its toll. It ripped right through Freds body, destroying him in all. She recalls not doing a thing. She simply couldn't. She was far too helpless to spare him.

Arthur Weasley hadn't made it out either. She saw him fall, she figured he would get right back up. Unfortunately  It was far too late for that. He watched his own child die. That was intentional. That was worse to him rather than his own death.

Molly turned away from the scene as she physically couldn't bare it. Yet that didn't change her outcome whatsoever. 

Remus and Tonks simply accepted defeat quicker than anyone else had. Yet they fell as well, It was absurd how often Hermione had seen that killing curse cause its damage.

Death replayed on and on again in Hermione's eyes. Far so many times to where she believed she would grow familiar to the sight and the pain would diminish.