Chapter 8

She smells his beverage of choice even distances away.

It lingered on through her steps, even when he wasn't present, Malfoy's whiskey aroma was. It was a signal to Hermione that he were around, at least she wasn't caught off guard. Malfoy had removed his watch, leaving her freely around the manors grounds. She was meant to go straight to her room, yet she saw an untouched copy of the daily prophet, she wanted to read it in hand.

She caught subtle glimpses from when Malfoy held it, yet she questioned the parts she couldn't quite figure. 

Off to the corner of one of the many manors rooms, she saw the door left open with a table, the daily prophet positioned right on top. She neared closer as she checked all around to make sure a soul wasn't present. She wearily picked it right up as she began to read the print. It was practically all of what Andromeda and Malfoy had previously read. Or rather particularly with Andromeda what she shamed Malfoy for. 

Is it the whiskey that keeps the youngest going? Or does he thrive off power? Others lie in the manors walls? How much more sit downs till the therapist gives out? How could a therapist even do justice for a Malfoy? Is there really any space for mental assistance? Or perhaps a simple waste of time? Are their souls whom are in fact held captive at the Manor? Outside sources indicate yes. Has Narcissa shed more blood or her beloved son? Does she consume the same wild running liquid as well? Or are all those bottles just for the youngest himself? Is he the dark lords prized possession?  

Is he burning out before he has even started? Were the lives he took on the battle field not enough? Or were they far too much to leave his brain begging for help? 

Whoever wrote the paper practically lived within the walls.

She could see why Malfoy's fist practically balled up as he read through. 

Yet she did question if Malfoy's position was requested, earned, or demanded. It was hard to tell. The daily prophets never directly spoke of his name, most likely because of fear, yet it was heavily indicated. She wanted the paper to speak more. She wanted the lines to indicate and announce of what Voldemort truly had planned. To for once destroy the items which could kill him for good if another had gotten reach. He wanted control over them. She wished the paper highlighted the hostages, or Voldemort's plans for internal havoc and reign.

Yet she were in the very manor where the dark work takes place and she rarely had a clue. Were her peers that were in the infirmary with her back at Hogwarts there as well? All the ones that lived, yet didn't have particular value, she had a high assumption that they either no longer stand, or sat slump in the cellars below.

Andromeda was briefly mentioned within the paper, yet merely as another whom stood close to her lord. She wasn't recognized differently than any other death eater, yet she was indeed held slightly higher up.

Hermione realized the reason for Andromeda having a closer tie with her in order to access what the dark lord wanted. He only put two people including Anna to keep close watch on Hermione. She assumed he chose whom he thought of best for the position. 

He would in fact never put a task as detrimental in the hands of one he didn't think was up for it. Which simply indicated that he believed Andromeda and Malfoy were the best picks. He put the youngest Malfoy in the front lines. Hermione assumed he obeyed orders the best, after all Voldemort could have easily put another death eater in his exact place. He was picked out for a reason.

Either Voldemort was loud of his actions, or people kept close watch. Either way there lied accuracy within the paper.

Hermione replays the reality of the matters within her head. Everything from the Horcruxes to whom else Anna attends to. She knew Malfoy was one, yet what on earth did they sit down and speak of? Did she ask questions to him like she did her? The curiosity was most definitely alive.