Baby Shower

Kyo's pov~

Tohru and I are planning to get married after she has the baby. Yuki seemed surprised that we got engaged. We also told Hatori and Shigure about it. Akito watched as it happened. Tohru also told her friends Arisa and Saki. Kagura never showed up at Shigure's place or mine. I was wondering where she went. A few other people we haven't seen in a while too. Tohru didn't want to give a gender reveal as she still wants all of us to be surprised when we meet the child.

And just like that, the baby shower was tomorrow. Yuki was sound asleep but Tohru kept tossing and turning.

"Hey...Tohru...are you okay?" I asked her.

She suddenly opened her eyes, "Y-Yeah..." she replied, "I'm just having trouble sleeping. The baby is kicking. Its excited about tomorrow."

I smiled at her, "Yeah." I kissed her forehead, "Try to get some sleep."

I couldn't even sleep. I didn't know why but I had a bad feeling about tomorrow. Especially since Akito was invited. He better not try anything.

The next morning, I woke up with little energy but Tohru was so excited and nervous at the same time, I hardly noticed that I had little sleep. We had set up the previous night so we wouldn't have much to worry about. A few people at a time arrived. First was Saki and Arisa. Yuki showed up shortly after them. Shigure was surprised he was even invited. Kagura showed up too. She looked happy for us but I could see through the fake smile. Hatsuharu showed up and just acted like I wasn't here. He congratulated Tohru. Then-

"Tohru! Oh how much I've missed you! It's been forever!" Momiji shouted as he gave Tohru a big hug.

"Oh Shigure! You're here!" Ayame said. "I...missed you so much!"

Shigure and Ayame held hands, "Oh yes, too long. I've been needing you."

"No! Why are you here!?" Yuki asked Ayame.

"Why? Because I was invited by Tohru! She's so sweet!"

Torhu giggled.

Momiji wouldn't let go of Tohru and he began to cry, "I just can't believe it's been so long!"

"That's almost everyone Kyo." Tohru said, "Some of the others said they can't join us."

We began about twenty minutes later and we started playing games. "Bingo!" Ayame shouted, "What do I win? Shigure?"

"No...you win-"

"If it's not Shigure then I don't want it."

Yuki rolled his eyes, "Right. Next game then."

It was a guessing game. Then after that, we watched Tohru open the gifts that the others gave her.

"I know you didn't want to say if it's a boy or girl so I got both outfits!" Kagura said. Torhu was holding a tiny tutu and some tiny pants. The outfits were so cute that I felt my eyes start to water.

"Kyo! Are you crying?" Tohru asked.

"What?! No!" I sniffled.

Kagura looked away from me. "Hmph."

After opeing the gifts and eating, we played more games. It's been hours and we haven't seen Akito at all. Until everyone was gone and Yuki and I were cleaning up. Tohru was sitting down because we didn't want her doing much. Akito walked in.

"I'm late." He said.

Yuki and I looked at the doorway. "Oh really? I had no idea." I said as I rolled my eyes.

Akiro walked inside, "Well I'm glad everyone is gone. I didn't want them to get jealous of the gift I had gotten for you." Akito smiled and put a little box in Tohru's hands.

"For me or the baby?" She asked.

"For you." Akito said.

"Wait! Tohru! Let me open that for you!" I said.

"Why?" Tohru asked.

"I promise that its absolutely nothing harmless." Akito said. "Trust me on this one." He winked at Tohru.

I crossed my arms, there was no way she was going to give it to me.

She opened the top of the box and looked into the box, "What...?" She said. She looked like she was about to start crying.

"What is it Tohru?" I asked as I walked over to her. I looked inside the box and it was nothing but a note that says, "Congratulations on having a baby." Then there was a pendant that was green.

"Its beautiful." She smiled.

"See? I told you its absolutely nothing harmless. Now would you please not leave me in the dark and tell me where you live?"

"Where did that come from?" I asked him, "No way in hell I'm telling you."

Akito let out a sigh, "I'm not going to give up. But I guess I'll stay here and help you guys clean up."

"You're acting weird, Akito." I said to him.

"Nonsense. I'm simply being me. Its just... ever since I saw you propose to her...I felt different. Like I could change things. Please, let me be a better person to you guys. Give me a second chance."

I wasn't buying any of it but Tohru agreed.

Akito left after we were done cleaning and we all headed home. Yuki let out a sigh, "I'm tired. I had alot of fun today though."

"Same here." I said.

"I'm glad you guys did." Tohru smiled.

"Tohru...I still don't trust that pendant." I said to her.

"Relax Kyo. I'm sure Akito was telling the truth."

"Yeah but you haven't known him all your life." I said.

"Well...I just have this feeling." She said.

I smiled, "Okay but I'm still going to be cautious."

And I was right to be cautious...

To be continued...

Thanks for reading!