Kyo's Question

Yuki's point of view~

Kyo and Tohru went out while Shigure and I stayed inside. I was rinising off the dishes while Shigure was enjoying some coffee.

"You know, Shigure, Kyo's been wanting to ask Tohru the important question."

Shigure smiled, "Yes Yuki, I'm very aware. He told me about it but he was very hesitant. He's worried about Akito. I think he's also worried about me."

I turned off the water as I finished the last dish. "Did they say where the went?"

"Mmm, I think Kyo said that he was taking Tohru to the park." Shigure started flipping through a magazine while sipping his tea.

"I see." I let out a sigh.

Shigure glanced up from his cup, "Are you jealous of Kyo?"

I hesitated for a moment, "I'm not going to lie and say no. But...I'm just happy that Tohru has someone that'll look after her. Even if she loses Kyo, she always has me to help her."

"Very well put, Yuki. You know, your brother stopped by the other day-"

"What the hell did he want?"

"He only came up here to check up on Tohru, Akito made word through the entire Sohma family that she's pregnant with his child."

"...Say...Shigure...will the child be a cat?"

"My bet is that it will be." He took another sip of his tea. "Its only a matter of time before Kyo and Tohru move out, and have a nice big where they raise all of their kids. It'll be boring without Tohru."

"Well I'm not the boring one."

Shigure took a moment only to realize that I insulted him, "I-I'm not boring!"

After a few hours, Kyo and Tohru came back. Tohru looked really wore out but had a smile on her face.

Kyo walked her upstairs and layed her in bed. "Get some rest." He smiled at her. He gave her a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. Then after he closed the door, he looked up at me, "We need to talk."

I followed Kyo outside. He didn't want Shigure to hear us talking.

"What is this about Kyo?" I asked as I put my hand on my hip, "I don't have all night for you to try and land a punch on me."

"No it's not that! Look...I don't ask rats much for advice but...I need your help." Kyo sounded desperate.

"Hm?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I want to propose to Tohru. But I don't know where, when or exactly how."

"You'd think I'd know?"

"Please...Yuki..."

I gave him a slight smile, "You know her best, take her to a place where she loves to go but somewhere romantic at the same time. You shouldn't be in a rush because you'll become flustered and overwhelmed, making her think that you don't actually mean this. How...? Hmm. Do it your own way." I explained to him.

Kyo let out a small sigh, "Thanks...it helps alot."

"Shigure told me that you told him about this too. But he said you sounded very hesitant. He knows that we think he's suspicious in some way."

"It won't matter. I've been working for a while now and I can almost afford a small apartment. This may be wierd but I talked it over with Tohru and she said it'd be fine if you wanted to move in with us."

"Huh? R-Really!? I mean, I would love to but I wouldn't want to burden you guys."

"Oh it's not like it's going to be forever, it until you find another job and get enough to afford your own place."

I gave him a smile, "Thanks. Oh, the word has spread around the family about Tohru."

Kyo let out a gasp and clenched his fists. "It was Shigure, wasn't it."

"It could have been Akito. Maybe Kagura?" I suggested.

"But Shigure actually runs his mouth. He doesn't give a damn."

"Hm? What're you guys talking about up here?" Hatori asked as he was walking up the hill.

"Hatori...what're you doing here?" I asked him.

"I just wanted to check up on Tohru." He smiled.

"She's resting right now." Kyo said to him.

"Oh. Well, can you give her this when she gets up?" He handed Kyo and envelop that said "Tohru".

"What's in here?" Kyo asked him.

"Its only for Tohru to see. I wouldn't open it unless you guys want Tohru to be mad."

Kyo and I looked at each other weirdly, "Okay..." Kyo replied to him.

"I'll come back tomorrow." He turned around and walked back.

Shigure peaked his head out of the door, "Was that Hatori just now?"

"Yeah, it's none of your business." Kyo walked inside pass Shigure and I followed him.

About an hour later, Tohru was still sleeping and Kyo was just staring at the envelope.

"What're you doing?" I aske him.

"I'm curious about what's inside here..." He said.

"But you heard Hatori, only Tohru can see what's inside."

"But what if it's all a trick from Akito." Kyo stared at the envelope again. Suddenly he opened it very slowly.

"Kyo?! Why?"

"I just want to make sure it's okay to open it." But when he opened it, his eyes teared up, not of sadness but of surprise and joy.

"Kyo...?"

"Y-Yeah...I guess I was an idiot for opening this..." He put it back in the envelope and closed it again. He wiped his tears away, "I'm not crying.." He smiled but more tears strolled down from his cheeks.

"Are you okay...? What was in the envelope?"

"Didn't you just tell me not to look in it? Now you're curious?"

"Well it's not that easy to make you cry."

He couldn't stop smiling, "In the envelope...was...

To be continued...

Thanks for reading!