Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Emily's POV

I literally felt like a walking zombie, making coffees left, right and centre. Maddie, being the beloved daughter of Al, had a whole three days off, meaning I had to get up at 7 am, open the shop, stay the entire day and then close up at 5 pm.

By the third day, I could barely keep my eyes open and could not wait until my break off the next day. As the last customer came and left, I whistled cheerily as I cleaned up the shop and locked up. Skipping to my car, I scrambled in my bag for my keys. Shoving them into the door, I turned them...at least I tried to. For some reason, my keys would not turn the lock and no matter how much I jimmied them, the door stayed locked and I stayed out. "What a fantastic burglar system you have." I mumbled angrily at my dirty, white car, kicking at the tire.

"Do you need some help with that?" A husky voice sounded from behind me and I whipped around, coming chest to chest with none other but Edward Styles. "Um, I think I can handle it..." I trailed off as he took the keys from me and carefully pushed them into the lock before easily turning them, unlocking my crappy Ford. "Uh, thanks?" I gave him a small smile and he handed me back my keys with a smirk.

"You never came back to visit." He leant back against the car with his hands buried in his pockets. Although Harry and Edward looked exactly the same, their style was completely different. Where Harry went for preppy hottie with his sexy blazers, coats and dress tops, Edward took a more subtler approach with a plain black tee and washed out jeans. To be honest, it didn't really matter what they wore, because the Styles brothers were quite the eye candy.

"Um, hello?" I was snapped out of my day dream by Edwards deep voice and I stared at him wide eyed. "Sorry, what was that?" I acted as if everything was alright, but I could tell that he had noticed me daydreaming. "I said that I didn't catch you're name a few days back. And, by the by, how do you know Harry?" I fiddled with my hands before giving him a shy smile. "I'm Emily Samuel and...I'm Harry's girlfriend." I looked up to see Edwards big grin falter and something flash across his expression. But as soon as it was there, it disappeared, and his grin was perfect once again.

"Oh, alright. I'm sorry, I didn't know. I just hope that Harry knows he has something good." He smiled again and winked at me before walking off, not once looking back.

"Fabulously awkward." I muttered to myself, getting into my car and making my way home. As I walked up the stairs to my apartment, my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and was presented with a curly haired boy pulling a monkey face. Grinning, I answered the phone as I fumbled for my keys. "Well howdy! Long time no hear!" Harry's deep laugh reverberated across the line and I couldn't help but smile, it instantly putting me in a good mood.

"We talked at lunch, it's not that long. How is it all going?" I could hear commotion in the background before jumping at a loud scream. "Who was that?" Someone called my name and Harry cracked up, leaving me completely confused. "Haz, what's happened?" He calmed down enough to be able to talk, but there was still definite laughter in his tone. "Lou is running around with underwear on his head insisting that he's Captain Underpants or something."

As if on cue, Louis high pitch scream sounded before he pronounced, "CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS TO THE RESCUE!" Losing it, I fell on the couch in fits of laughter, only imagining what he looked like. Together, Harry and I laughed until our sides hurt, and it was great.

But all too suddenly, Harry's laughs stopped. "Harry, you there?" I asked down the line. "I wish you were here with us Em." He sighed, all humour gone. "I know Haz, me too." I replied, my eyes welling up. "Don't worry babe, only 10 more days...not that I'm counting or anything." I laughed and swiped a tear away. "It couldn't come sooner." I whispered over the line. "It could, I could leave right now. But something tells me that Simon wouldn't be too happy." "We both know that can't happen, you'd be letting the boys down too." Harry replied with a grunt, making me giggle.