Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

(Play the song in the sidebar at the *)

Maddie's POV

I could feel the sun licking at my skin, and the uncomfortable warmth slowly pulled my from my dream-less sleep. I cracked open an eye to find myself in my bed, tangled in my covers. I inhaled deeply and shut my eyes tight, the pain of my throbbing head hitting me like a wave. I couldn't remember getting home last night, in fact, I couldn't remember anything from last night.

Running my hand over my face, I slowly propped myself up on my elbows and looked around my room for an indication of what had happened last night. It was then that I noticed my skimpy underwear and dress strewn on the ground.

Curious, I lifted the covers to find my naked body, and my eyebrows shot up my forehead. "Shit!" I cursed, slapping a hand over my face. How could I have been so stupid? I had just gone out to the club because I was jealous of Emily, NOT to get laid.

But, if I had had sex, then where was the mysterious person who I had done it with? I frowned slightly, looking around my room for a male piece of clothing, a sock, anything, when my gaze landed on a small, folded piece of paper on my pillow. I reached out and clasped it between my finger before unfolding it. I squinted my sleepy eyes to make the scrawl clear and trying to figure out what exactly had happened last night.

Maddie,

I'm sorry I won't be there when you wake up, I had things to attend to elsewhere. But I had a great time last night, and I really want to see you again. I'll call you and we'll get together sometime.

Thanks again,

Edward

xx

Edward...for fucks sake, why can I remember an EDWARD! He seems like such a nice guy! What am I supposed to do when he calls and I don't remember anything? What am I gonna say? Oh hey, you're cute but I don't remember sleeping with you?! Fan-bloody-tastic.

Emily's POV

Under any other circumstances, I would've avoided Edward the day after our...incident. But, of course, fate had something against me and made sure that it would happen when I was doing my uni tours.

So, because of this, I found myself in a torn state. One part of me knew that I had to go to the tour or jeopardize my chance there, but the other part was making me not want to go because of seeing Edward. It's not like I don't want to be friends with him anymore, but it's too hard at the moment to face him and ultimately, what I've done.

But, alas, I found myself in need of his somewhat expert advice, and I would feel absolutely terrible if I turned him down. So that left me to stick it out and try to concentrate on what we were there for, and NOT bring up last night.

So now here I am, in navy denim jeans and a checkered button down on, supporting long waves and natural makeup, waiting for Ed. Yesterday, before the incident, I had given Ed the code to automatically open the downstairs door, thus allowing him to come upstairs freely and knock on my door. Looking back on it now, it was such a stupid idea. It left me no time to ready myself for his knock on my door, and I just had to go with it and suck it up.

I hesitantly made my way over to the door and pulled it open, finding a tired-looking Edward standing in navy denim jeans and a checkered button down with converse on. I looked down at my outfit and back up at him, and he seemed to understand and realize as his eyes widened.

"I-I didn't know, um, maybe you can put on a different shirt...or something." Edward muttered, a blush creeping to his cheeks at the realization of out matching outfits. I glanced down at my watch before scrunching up my nose distastefully, calculating that I had no time to change. "I can't, you were running late already. Let's just go, it's no biggie anyway." I blurted, quickly ushering him out and locking the door.