Chapter 15

AUTHORS NOTE

FINALLY! AN UPDATE!

I'm so sorry it took so so so long. I was so uninspired and just needed to get away from writing for a bit. BUT IM BACK WITH A PASSION!

It won't be long since the next update as I've already written it to at least have a backup... But I'll decide when it's released :P

ALSO! As you all know, I had a vote as to which ship was better...and there results are...EMARRY!

So now I know what the favored couple is...I will do wild and wicked things with it. MUAHAHA. I promise I won't hurt your heart...too much :P

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO! HERE'S CHAPTER 15!!!

Enjoy lovelies! Don't forget to vote and tell your fans if you're enjoying it :D

Catherine xxx <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 15

"Are you okay? You don't look okay." I heard Harry call from beside me as we waited outside of the cinema in the cold night breeze. My gaze flicked up to meet his worried eyes, pure concern written over his features. "Yeah, I'm okay." I replied reassuringly, but I could tell that even he knew that I was lying.

Everything had become awkward between us since Harry had said...THAT, earlier at the beach. I was utterly confused as to what my answer was to be, I was never one to rush anything. But, I knew deep down that, that was not the only reason as to why I hadn't mirrored his feelings back to him.

I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure if Harry was the right one. He was kind and funny and caring and everything a girl could ever ask for. But I still hadn't replied...and there was only one reason for that. I wasn't SURE that I felt the same way. There were OTHER people - one in particular - who had confused my feelings to no end, and now I couldn't make up my mind OR my heart as to what to say to my own boyfriend.

I felt Harry's strong arm wrap around my cold shoulders to offer me some comfort, but the sweet gesture only made my heart hurt more. Harry was a good guy. I mean, a really really great guy. Who was I to hurt him? How am I to live with myself knowing that I caused him pain?

"Hey, why aren't you smiling? You know I love your smile." He spoke, nuzzling my cheek in an attempt to lighten my mood. But the use of THAT word only had my heart twisting and clutching again. It took all my might not to shrug off his arm and run as far away as I could in embarrassment and guilt. I knew I had to do this, not only for my friend, but for my own relationship with Harry as well.

"Emily!" I heard a piercing squeal call from across the parking lot. I cringed inwardly and lifted my gaze to see an overexcited Maddie bounding past cars towards where Harry and I sat on a bench outside the movies. I hesitantly stood just before the wind was knocked out of me as Maddie jumped up and pulled me into a hug.

"Oh my gosh I'm so excited! Thanks so much for doing this for me!" She swooned, stepping back and giving Harry an equally tight hug. I frowned slightly upon noticing that there was absolutely no date here with Maddie, and my confusion got the best of me. "Er, Maddie...I don't mean to be rude but...where's your date?" I asked slowly, but was quickly rebuffed with a roll of her eyes and an exasperated sigh. "He's parking silly." She replied matter-of-factly, hand poised on her sharp hip.

As if on cue, footsteps approached us and I looked up to vaguely make out a tall figure with a beanie pulled over their hair. I got the odd sense that I had seen that build on a person before, but I just couldn't place my finger on it. It was only until the figure entered the light that I felt my stomach drop and my eyes bulge out of my head.