Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

Edwards POV

I blinked a few times, staring at my blood shot eyes in the mirror. They were puffy and red from my contacts, leaving me no choice but to wear my glasses today. With a sigh, I pushed my glasses on, surprised at how different I looked. I sauntered into my bedroom and finished clearing my things into the spare room, leaving Harry's room bare for his return midday.

Before I could sit down with a book, there was a knock at the door. I grinned, knowing it could be only one person. Practically running for the door, I yanked in open to find Emily standing in jeans, a grey coat and small heels, bringing her up to my chin. "Good morning love!" I grinned, earning a broad smile back from her. "And what brings you to my humble den?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe. "I was wondering if you'd like to join me to the airport to pick up Harry? But only if you want to?" She asked, gesturing to her car parked on the other side of the street.

"Sure, let me just grab my jacket." I winked, jogging into my new room. I grabbed my hoodie and slipping on my converse before walking back to the door. I nodded to Emily and locked up, following her to her car. "You know, you look really different with glasses." She commented as we got into her Ford. "Um, thanks I guess." I scratched my head nervously.

"Harry's flight doesn't land for an hour and a half, so I was wondering if we could grab some breakfast from the airport. Would that be okay?" She asked as she sped down the street. I nodded, pulling out my phone and noticing a text from Max, a friend on my level from uni.

From: Max the Man

Hey Ed, do you wanna catch up? I'm not doing anything and I haven't seen you for a while. Get back to me soon mate ;)

I quickly glanced up at Emily who was drumming her thumbs on the steering wheel. I smiled a bit to myself before texting Max back.

To: Max the Man

Nah mate, can't make it, I'm going out with a friend and we're gonna pick my brother up from the airport. But thanks anyway :)

From: Max the Man

Ohh, a friend? Are they a girl? Is she hot?

To: Max the Man

Bro, she's my brothers girlfriend, I can't find her attractive :/ look, I've gotta go, we'll catch up later :)

I stuffed my phone away and slyly looked up at Emily. Her pink lips were parted and her eyebrows were slightly dropped over her green eyes in concentration, making her look absolutely adorable. Her eyes snapped to me and she gave me a quizzical look, her lips tipping up into a smile. "What?" She asked, noticing how I was staring at her. "Oh, nothing." I stuttered, turning away with a small blush.

"We're here." Emily parked and we both got out, being hit by the cold air. I could see Emily from the corner of my eye shrugging deep into her coat, trying to buff off the wind. Without thinking - I seemed to do that a lot - I reached out and wrapped my arm around Emily's shoulder, pulling her into my side. I felt her stiffen before relaxing and huddling deeper into my side. "I hate the weather here. One day I'm so moving somewhere where the weather's always hot." She mumbled as we finally made it into the warmth of the airport.

Emily awkwardly pulled away from me and cleared her throat, leaving a silence hanging between us. "Starbucks?" I asked her, gesturing at the coffee shop near arrivals. She eagerly nodded and we grabbed a seat, ordering two coffees and sandwiches for our breakfasts.

"So when was the last time that you actually saw Harry?" She asked me, stirring sugar into her coffee. I thought back to the last time I had seen my twin, finding it to be further back than I thought. "About 6 months ago actually, last time I had a break." I answered, taking a sip from my steaming cup. "Wow." She commented, raising her eyebrows.