Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Emily's POV

"EMILY!!" I yanked out my headphones and glared at Albert in the kitchen. "What?" I stood and stared at him with my hands on my hips. "There's a customer. He's been ringing the bell for a minute!" He yelled back, gesturing to the counter. "But it's my break!" I whined. Albert just turned away and kneaded some dough, probably imagining that it was my head.

Rolling my eyes, I walked over to the counter tying my apron on, dragging my feet along the way. "Hi, what can I get for y-HARRY?" I stared shocked at the curly haired boy in front of me, his dimples taunting me and his eyes shining. "Hi Emily. Um, could I get a latté." As if on a second thought he added, "Make that two." I glared at him with a cold stare but he only smiled. "Come on, haven't got all day!"

Throwing a dirty over my shoulder, I started to make Harry's coffee while he just watched. I gave him a sideways glance, but he just pretended to be interested in the shop menu. Sighing, I immersed myself in making his coffees, wondering why he wanted two. Did he have a girlfriend? Was she pretty?

Wait. Why would I care that her has a girlfriend, it's not like I like One Direction, they're just that band that everyone is crazy about. A cute band, with a certain cute curly haired boy. A boy who is standing in front of me, clad in black and shades perched on his head with a permanent smirk plastered to his lips...

"So how's your head?" Harry snapped me out of my daydream and I looked at him stunned. "Oh! Um, it's okay. Just have a small bump, ya know." I answered with a nonchalant tone. "I'm still very sorry about that." Harry gave me a grin and looked right into my eyes. "Maybe I can make it up to you?" Suppressing my beating heart, I slammed is two coffees in front of him. "That's $5 thanks." He smirked and pulled out some coins dropping them into my outstretched hand. "Uh, do you have a pen?" He asked with a cute frown. No, not cute, UGLY frown. So ugly that I couldn't look away. "Ye-uh-here." I handed him a pen and he scrawled something onto one of the coffee lids. "See you around Emily." He winked and strutted out of the shop.

Burning holes into his back, I cleaned the coffee machine. When I got to the counter, I realized Harry had left one of his coffees. I picked it up with a huff, hating what a waste it was. Before I threw it out, I realized it was the cup that he had written on. Out of curiosity, I read the top, eyes growing wide once reading it.

Enjoy the coffee, see you soon x

4407 679 261

My eyebrows shot up. He honestly had the NERVE?! Without a second thought, I threw the cup into the bin. "I'm going, Al." I called, hanging my apron up. "Make sure you come in by 7 tomorrow, Max is taking a day off." He called back. "Of course." I muttered, slamming the door shut.

By the time I got home. I had already played through the afternoon with Harry a thousand times. I couldn't get over how much of a smart arse he had been, and kept circling back to the fact that he was just like that because he was 'Harry Styles'. With a role of my eyes, I pushed into my flat. I threw my bag on the couch and was greeted with a groan. "I'm here ya know!" A voice thick with sleep groaned. "Are you STILL asleep?" I fell on the couch next to Jay and switched on the television.

"You're back early." Jay sat up and stretched, shoving his feet into my face. "Ew!" I swatted them away and pushed him back into the pillows. "Not cool man, not cool." He grinned and wrapped his legs around me, flipping so that we fell on the ground. "Ugh, I hate you!" I struggled under him while he just stared down at me with an amused grin. "Are you gonna wake me up again?" I shook my head, still struggling to get out from underneath him. "Are you gonna wake me up again?" He asked again, more forcefully. "No." I mumbled, looking away. "Can you get off now?"

I pushed him off and gave him a death stare. "I'm glad you're leaving tomorrow, then I'll get my apartment back." I stood and grabbed myself a can of soft drink, throwing one at my brother. "Aw, you'll miss me little sis." He kicked back on the couch once again and switched the tv off. "Now go away, I'm sleeping." I dodged an incoming pillow and shut my door.

Harry's POV

"Are you nuts?! You know what could happen if your phone number got out, it happened to ANDY!" Liam paced back and fourth across the room while I sat by my phone. Every time it would vibrate, I would grab it and hope that it was an unknown number, but I was disappointed each time.

"You don't even know the girl! Are you crazy?!" I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I wasn't thinking, okay?" I threw my phone on the table and sunk into my seat. "She's not gonna call anyway. Just forget about it." I blew a curl out of my eyes and crossed my eyes, looking up at Liam with a frown. He did a double take of my face and took in my appearance. "She must be really hot, hey?" He slowly asked, sitting opposite me at the table.

I looked up at him with a small frown. "Yeah...but it's not just that." I said slowly. Liam gestured for me to go go on. "She was really independent and headstrong and sassy but at the same time nice and sweet. Ya know?" I looked up from my hands to see Liam sniggering. "Did you actually just say 'sassy'?" He sniggered. I could blood rushing to my cheeks as I stood up and stormed off. "Shut up!" I called over my shoulder.

Falling on my bed, I looked at my phone, waiting for it to ring. And waiting. And waiting. Maybe she was playing hard to get or just didn't get the message. "If that's how you want to play." I mumbled to myself, grinning as I thought up a plan to win her over. "Then game on."