Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Edward's POV

For the past few days now I have just been sitting around, reading and eating, extremely different from my usual routine. I get bored extremely easy and already six days in to my stay over at Hazza's place I'm bored to tears.

Emily had been a change in routine, giving me something else to concentrate on. But I hadn't seen her since two days ago, and I had the feeling that if I didn't make a move, I wouldn't see her until Haz got back.

She was a sweet girl, with her dry sense of humour and cute smile. Her gorgeous green eyes and red hair perfectly framed her round face. She wasn't extremely tall, but she wasn't short either, and her slightly curvy body coupled with her thin frame could be any mans dream. But this was a nightmare...she was taken.

Worse, she was taken by my TWIN BROTHER. I knew that I had to be happy for him, he had found such a perfect girl. But deep down I knew that she could seriously get hurt by him, being my brother or not.

For some reason, I felt I needed to make sure she still smiled, that I had to protect her in some way, but it could easily come off as me having feelings for her. However, I knew I couldn't, I just simply wasn't allowed.

Harry had left school for his career, leaving me to be the responsible son. I was to go on to college, I had to get my degree and get a job, I had to be, put simply, the boring son. To ensure this, I had to concentrate on my studies and not let any girls stop me, therefore no feelings, relationships, etcetera. Mum insisted that she loved us equally and that we would both be as successful as each other in our lives, but the scales were definitely not even.

But still, I could at least have a friend that is a girl, right? I mean, there's no harm in that and I wouldn't be hurting anyone, not even my grades. I could definitely use a friend during my long holiday as the rest of my uni friends live elsewhere and Harry won't be back until next week.

Convincing myself that it was okay to befriend Emily, I pulled on some jeans, a black tee and a leather jacket before walking out into the semi-cold spring air of London.

I knew where she worked because of the time where I had found her trying to get into her car. Heading downtown, I arrived at the cafe with a large flashing sign staying that it was called 'Al's Cafe', and pushed inside. Rubbing my hands to keep them toasty, I stepped up to the counter where Emily was serving a small lady her coffee.

She looked up at me with confusion before shaking her head and smiling. "Sorry, twins, I forgot." She greeted me with a smile. I grinned back and leant against the counter lazily, looking around at the small, warm cafe. "When do you get off your shift?" I asked her, watching her eyes go wide. "Um, Edward, you KNOW I'm going out with Harry, I can't go ou-" I cut her off with a raise of my eyebrow. "As FRIENDS you ninny! I'm so bored in the flat by myself!" I explained dramatically, throwing my hand across my forehead for emphasis.

She rolled her eyes with a giggle and looked up at the clock across the room which was hung on a mocha coloured wall. "I get off in 15, could you wait?" I nodded and placed both my hands on the counter. "Could I have a long black while I wait?" I asked with a wink. She grinned and quickly whipped up my coffee, handing the steaming coffee cup to me. "Enjoy sir." She slightly curtsied and I poked my tongue out at her, walking over to an empty booth and plonking down with my coffee.

I pulled out my phone and opened up my texts, finding my brothers name.

To: Hazza Banana

Hey, how's it going? You're girlfriend is so nice, how could you not tell me about her? ;) lots of love baby brother <3