Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Harry's POV

I watched her as she made her way over to me in the cold wind, her fire red hair whipping her face. I couldn't help but grin, my plan had worked. I had gotten her to like me and now, here she was, having fallen for my amazing techniques...almost - she still had to say yes.

"Morning! It's cold out!" She commented, sitting on the swing next to me. I turned and looked at her full on. "Good morning Emily." She turned and gave me a weird look. "So, have you thought about it?" I asked casually, pushing the swing slowly. "One question first." She copied me and we slowly swayed in unison. "Mm..." "Why were you acting like a douche yesterday? Like with Maddie and all?" I laughed straight out, earning a sideways glance from Emily. "Are you jealous?" She glared at me again, but the blush in her cheeks was obvious. "No! I was just upset that you were ignoring me after how we had gotten along and because Maddie is...Maddie." If it were possible, her cheeks turned redder, making me laugh.

I suddenly felt as if I was short of breath as I looked at her. "Emily. You'd think I was crazy, but I did it on purpose. I thought that if I got to know you and then ignored you, you would come crawling to me. It worked in my head, trust me." I smiled as she raised her eyebrow at me. "You seriously thought that that would work?" She laughed, but I only grinned back. "You came out and met me here, didn't you?" Her face turned pink again and I only smirked, looking out to the park.

"So, is that a yes?" I asked, watching two birds fly around each other in unison. "Depends on where you're taking me." She replied with a wink. "Don't you worry, you'll enjoy it." I replied, looking away from the birds and standing up. "So, when is this enjoyable date?" She asked sarcastically as I offered her a hand up. She took it and I hauled her off the swing, causing her to fall into my chest. "Now." I whispered, only mere centimeters from her face.

Emily placed her hands on my chest and slowly pushed us apart, looking up at me with gorgeous blue-grey eyes. I only grinned and started walking out to the shops near the park. I noticed that Emily wasn't walking beside me and I turned back to see her staring at my ass. "Well come on then, it's not that much of a view." I winked, provoking a deep blush from Emily.

She briskly walked to catch up to me and we silently walked side by side with a fair distance between us. "So, did you enjoy checking out my butt?" I asked casually as if I was asking about the weather. "Yes-I'm mean NO-I mean I didn't mean to..." This only made my grin widen. "I wasn't intending to look at your butt, I'm sorry." She mumbled as we neared a breakfast bar. "Nothing to be sorry for." I replied, pushing into the shop and holding the door for Emily.

It was much warmer in the shop and as we sat down, we both shed our coats. "What would you like to order this morning?" A waiter asked us with a grin. Rather, asked Emily. "I'll have the strawberry crepe please." She flashed the waiter a charming smile and he mirrored it. "And anything to drink?" His pen was poised above his pad, waiting eagerly for her response. "A half strength, caramel latte with one sugar." She recited, showing that this coffee was obviously her usual. "Fantastic." The waiter grinned again before turning to me, his smile faltering. "And what could I get you, sir?" I flashed his a faux grin. "Could I have French toast with a hot chocolate, please?" I batted my eyelashes, earning a giggle from Emily. The waiter stared down at me with a straight face. "Your orders will arrive shortly." He turned and stormed off, leaving a real grin on my face.

"You're so mean." Emily giggled, proving to be the cutest thing. "No, I'm just possessive." I stated in a posh tone, turning my nose up. She only giggled again, looking at me as if I was crazy. "So this is your ideal date? Having breakfast in a local breakfast bar? I'm not saying it's bad, I just took you as a dinner type of person." She took a sip from her coffee that had arrived and looked at me intensely. "I thought I'd change it up a bit." I winked, taking a sip from my own drink. "Oh, and this is just the beginning." I casually stated, hiding my face behind my cup. "Oh? Curiouser and curiouser." She leaned in, smirking. "Mm, you're going to love this date, just you wait." I replied with an identical smirk.