Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Emily's POV

'I don't know who you are  

Don't even know your name  

I wish we could talk but I don't have a number to call.

So hold your hand up if you hear me, I've been searching but all that I  

Found  

Is everywhere that I go, standing alone in the crowd 

And I need you now'

"OUCH!" I screamed, yanking my headphones out and sitting up on the park bench. I rubbed my head and glared around, trying to find who kicked the football. Squinting through the setting sun, I could make out a tall boy with wild hair coming towards me. As my vision cleared I suddenly realized who he was. Harry Styles from the 'big' One Direction. "Hi." he beamed, showing off his deep dimples. I stood and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm Harry Styles." he urged me with his eyes as if to ask me to forgive him because of who he was. "I know who you are." I stated simply, tossing my fire red hair over my shoulder. "O..kay. Um, I'm sorry I kicked the ball at you, I swear it was an accident." he continued, his smile faltering.

"Uh-huh." I turned , packing up my books and winding my headphones around my phone. "Well it was awfully nice to meet you, but I best be off." I said flatly, staring into his greeny-grey eyes. "I really am sorry." Harry's tone changed and he actually looked sincere. I hesitated and sighed looking away. "That's fine. It was just an accident." I mumbled, turning to leave. "WAIT." Harry's arm shot out and grabbed my arm, turning my around. I looked at him with wide eyes, yanking my arm free. "Oh, I'm sorry, I just didn't catch your name." he flashed his dimples and waited expectantly. "Emily Samuel." I offered him a smile and turned to leave again. "Bye Emily." Harry called after me, giving a small wave. I gave him a half smile and continued on my way home. "Wow, well that was weird." I murmured to myself, shaking my head slightly and walking home.

Harry POV

"Saw you chatting to that chick over there, nice?" Niall came up to walk next to me as I made my way back to our apartments. "Um...yeah, she was nice." I answered half-hearted.

'I know who you are'? What is that supposed to mean? Does she not like me? Was she pissed that I kicked a ball at her head...accidentally of course. She was so hot! Her red hair, curves, that FROWN. Harry, no, you don't even know her.

"Haz, Haz...HARRY!" I looked up at Niall with a frown, just realizing that he was talking to me. "Oh, sorry. What was that?" Niall rolled his eyes and pushed me playfully, making me stumble over my feet, falling flat on my face. "Ugnh!" I moaned, standing up and brushing myself off. "You're all of a sudden out of it, what wrong with you?" I shrugged as we neared my apartment. "I'm really tired, I think I'm just going to hit the sack." I told Niall, giving him a wave before pushing through my door. "See you tomorrow at management." He called as I shut the door.

Slowly making my way to my bedroom, I pondered the thought of Emily and her reaction to finding out who I was...well her LACK of reaction. Falling onto my bed I rolled over and laid on my back, staring at the cracks in my ceiling. 'I know who you are'. What does that even mean? Doesn't she like me or the boys?

But she had said she forgave me...and was nice about it. I don't know, but her attitude and her LOOKS do something to me, and I've never had that before.

Instead of sleeping like I had told Niall, I grabbed my laptop and opened up google. Tapping her name into the search bar, a few Facebook profiles popped up. Opening the first one up, I found that it wasn't her, and the following two after that. But my fourth go, my screen was graced with her fierce red hair, green, almond-shaped eyes, generous lips and absolutely gorgeous smile.

"Damn, it's blocked." I mumbled, scrolling through the empty pages. I then found that her tagged pictures were open, and I hastily clicked into the album. Flicking through each picture, I finally came across a picture of Emily and a girl in uniforms tagged 'getting ready for work!' The badge on their aprons read Albert's Café and I quickly entered it into the search bar. Grinning to myself, I took down the address and slapped my laptop shut.