Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

(Play the song in the side bar at the * xxx)

Edward's POV

I lay on my back on my bed, my fingers picking chords from my guitar at random as I thought about nothing in particular. The soothing sound of the strums calmed me and distracted me from the matter at hand.

I hadn't seen Emily in a few days, but our last encounter was still playing on my mind. I had no idea where I would meet a new girl, let alone a girl half of what Emily was. It's funny, the way I talk about her would lead one to believe that we were together. But that couldn't be more wrong.

My phone started to ring beside me and I frowned down at the screen, finding it to be Emily. With a sigh, I placed my guitar down gently and picked up the phone, answering with hesitation. "Hello?" I asked, although I knew very well who it was. "Hey Ed, it's Emily. What are you doing today?" Emily's voice cheerily asked, making me physically wince. "Not much, just chilling. Why?" I answered nonchalantly, pretending it didn't faze me that she had called.

"Well, I was wondering if you could possibly come with me to check out some uni's? I need to pick between two and I have no idea what I should be looking for. I'm going to one today and then again one tomorrow. Please don't say no, Harry's at work and if anyone would have an idea about which to choose, it would be you." She pleaded, trying to convince me. I paused and thought about how a whole two days alone with Emily could pan out, and I didn't like the end result. But being the nice and lovestruck person I am, I answered with a simple; "Of course!"

"That's fantastic! Could you swing by and pick me up? Thanks so much Ed, it means a lot to me!" She swooned, her grin practically heard in her words. "Sure. I'll see you in 10." I hung up and dropped my phone beside me, covering my face with my hands and fisting my hair between my fingers. God, was I stupid or was I stupid?

Emily's POV

I was so nervous for my uni tours, I couldn't keep still. I had already gotten changed and was cleaning the kitchen, which I NEVER did. The place looked spotless and I didn't feel tired at the slightest.

The buzzer for the front door went off and I hurriedly ran over to the intercom, pressing the speaker button. "It's Ed!" A staticky voice spoke. "Come up!" I answered nervously, buzzing him in.

I sat impatiently on the couch with my bag, waiting for Ed to come up. There was a knock at my door and I shot up, practically bolting for my door. I yanked it open to find Ed in blue jeans, a white tee, white converse and a leather jacket. He was smiling broadly at me, a little too broadly.

"Hi!" I breathed, my nerves doing nothing for my speech. "Hi yourself! You look great!" He replied shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. "You really think so? You don't think it's too much?" I questioned, looking at my appearance in the mirror. I was wearing floral print jeans with a white, lace, billowing top tucked into them. I wore pink slip ons and my hair was in a tight knot atop my head, my face adorning little makeup. I was really rocking the uni chick look.

"Of course not. They'll love you." He answered behind me, eyes making contact in the mirror. It was then that I realized that Edwards eyes were not like his brothers. No, Ed had electric blue eyes that shone brightly and were kind, unlike his twins' shockingly beautiful green eyes that were full of mischief.

How had I not noticed before? Had I just been preoccupied with myself and Harry that I hadn't given Ed enough time to actually look at his eyes? Yes, we had been staring at each other that...night, but I had been thinking about Harry then, not Ed's bloody eye colour.

"You seem nervous." Ed spoke, breaking me from my scrutiny of myself. "To say the slightest." I mumbled in reply, going over to the couch to retrieve my bag. "Can we go?" I asked nervously, fiddling with my bag strap. "Sure. Come on." Ed flashed me a warm smile and gestured for me to follow him out of my apartment. I gave him a small smile and locked up before following him downstairs.