A Reason To Live

***

Hey, Familia of the Closet! Here we go, the final battle between Kazuto and Kayaba. Hope you enjoy! Love ya!<3

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto)

Come on. Wake up. Wake up. Wake the hell up, dammit! I have to wake up! Goddammit!

***

Kayaba threw punches, even while I was unconscious. He really was trying to kill me. Kayaba wound up and threw a fatal blow. My eyes shot open, I caught his fist before it could reach my face. Kayaba looked horrified. In his eyes, I noticed my eyes glowed, a vibrant yellow. He looked down at the restraint on my right hand. I tore through the metal bar in the leather strap. I pulled on my other arm, the bar fell off like warm butter. 

"H-How..." Kayaba stuttered. "This isn't possible." I took my left hand and gripped his throat. He choked. He reached for his back pocket and pulled something out, driving it into my stomach. I looked down and saw the handle of a knife sticking out. I winced and fell into the bed. "I wanted this feeling to last, you bastard. I guess, in your final minutes, I can make you suffer mentally." He grinned, slowly turning his head to Asada. My face went flush. 

"N-No, leave her alone!" I yelled. Kayaba swiftly slapped me across the cheek. I winced, a tear escaped my eye. He walked over to Asada's bed and picked up a scalpel off the table. He placed it against her cheek, slowly dragging it downwards, causing her flesh to split. Blood seeped out of her cheek like melted cheese. "No!" 

"Oh, shut up!" Kayaba screamed. "Cut the hero bullshit! You're not a hero! You're just a loser with a winning streak! No matter how strong you are in-game, you will never be strong enough to defeat me!" I closed my eyes and prayed. I prayed for a miracle. Suddenly, I felt something. I opened my eyes and looked down. Yui, or Yui's spirit, rather, slowly pulled the knife out and healed the wound. She looked up and smiled sweetly. 

"Save her, Daddy. Save Sinon!" Yui cheered and disappeared into the air. Tears flowed freely down my face. I stealthily sat up and got off the bed. Kayaba hovered over Asada, admiring her perfect flesh, dragging the side of the scalpel down her arm. I crept up behind him. This is it, this is my fighting chance. I jumped on his back, wrapping my arms around his throat. He dropped the scalpel onto the floor. I pulled back as hard as I could, attempting to crush his windpipe. Kayaba reached back and tore me off of him, throwing me into the wall. I could hear my back crack violently as I made contact with the solid concrete wall. I slid along the floor, stopping a couple of feet in front of him. I didn't move. I needed a moment to think. What could I do? Think! That's it! I did the only thing I had left in my deck. I scattered for the scalpel and moved back, getting some distance between Kayaba and me. 

"Oh ho, I knew you'd find a way to bring us back to this. The good old stalemate." Kayaba grinned. I flourished the scalpel, flipping it backward in my hand. I held my hands in front of my face as to make a fighting stance. Kayaba chuckled and got into a position, sort of like a boxing stance. He lunged, pushing his fist into my shoulder. I jumped back and snarled. He swung, and I used it as my chance... second chance. I ducked, his fist just skimmed my hair. He looked down in shock as I lunged. I crashed into him, knocking him backward, he didn't fall. I loosened my muscles, falling to the floor. Kayaba grabbed me by the throat and lifted me off the ground, pushing me up against the wall. "Well, that was disappointing!" I struggled to breathe but managed to push a single word out. 

"Ch-Checkmate..." I chuckled. Kayaba looked down, noticing the scalpel sticking out of his abdomen. He released me, dropping me to the floor. I sat up and watched as he shakily pulled the scalpel out, allowing a waterfall of blood to pool out of him. Kayaba fell to his knees, whimpering with his eyes closed. I used the wall for support as I stood up, then looked at him. "It's over... Murderer..." Kayaba broke out into a laughing fit.