Behind Closed Doors

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! Here's another chapter of The Gunpowder Blade! Remember to vote, follow, and comment. Thank you so much for reading! 

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto)

"Hey." She said, gesturing for me to enter. I nodded and walked in, closing the door behind me. I slid my shoes off and placed them next to the door. A grey and white cat came and rubbed up against my leg. 

"Hi there." I said while stroking it's back. It strutted away. I smiled and walked into the main room of the apartment. Asada sat on her bed and looked at me. 

"What do you wanna do?" She asked. I only just realized that we had nothing planned in advance. Shit. 

"Um." I thought, jokingly tapping my chin. I heard a small chuckle come from Asada. "Got any good movies?" She reached behind her bed and pulled out a bin full of movies. I slipped my jacket off and sat next to her, placing my jacket next to me. She placed the bin in between us and began to sift through it. I did the same, taking a handful of movies and examining them. I subtly looked over at her, looking at her joyful expression. 

"Find anything worthwhile?" She asked. 

"Nope, not yet." I replied. I pulled out another handful, reading each label. Asada nudged me, holding a movie in front of me.

"What about this one?" She asked. The movie was called 'Self/Less.' It was about an old guy who is really sick. His conscience gets transferred to a healthy body. But he gets caught up in some bad business. I tell you, Ryan Reynolds is a worldwide blessing. 

"Ryan Reynolds' Self/Less. Sounds great." I told her. Asada nodded and got up to put it in the player. The cat jumped onto the bed and sat in my lap. "Very friendly. He have a name?" 

"Uh, yeah. His name is Grayson." She looked back to see the lump of fur in my lap. I rubbed his back, making him purr deeply. Asada came back and sat on the bed as the movie started up. 

*** 

I looked at the clock which read '21:54.' We had just finished our fourth movie? Fifth movie? I don't know. I was out like a light for most of it. I looked over at Asada who was asleep. I smiled and covered her with a blanket that was folded on the bed. I smiled and thought for a second. 

"God, I'm tired." I whispered to myself. I tried to stand up, but almost fell. "Really?" I didn't move for 10 hours and couldn't stand up. I rolled my eyes and sat back on the bed. I looked at Asada and blushed. I slipped my jacket on and sat next to her. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes. Suddenly, a voice spoke softly. 

"Hey Kazuto, you awake?" Asada asked quietly. 

"Yeah. Did you just wake up?" I whispered. 

"Yeah." She replied. "Hey, I have a question." 

"Shoot." I said. "Sorry, bad pun." She chuckled slightly. 

"Whether it was in-game or in-real-life, the kiss. It shouldn't have happened. I don't want Asuna to hate me." Asada let out her thoughts. I turned my head to look at her. Her eyes were a little wet, but no tears. I put my hand on hers. She gasped softly. 

"Firstly, I thought you said question," I said. 

"Shut up, you know what I mean." Asada chuckled. 

"And secondly, don't worry about any of that. All that matters is that I'm glad we kissed. And I think you are too." I said. Asada wiped her tears and smiled sweetly.