Acceptance

Hey Familia of the Closet! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been out-of-town for the past couple weeks. There wasn't WiFi at the place I was at. Anyway, I'm back now, and back with another chapter. Enjoy!

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto) 

"You went on a date with her?!" Suguha yelled at me. I flinched at her voice, remembering the last time she yelled at me. It was after she found out Kirito was Kazuto in Alfheim, before we attempted the world tree. 

"Why are you mad?" I spoke softly. 

"Because-" She paused and covered her face. "Because it's wrong. And..." She hesitated.

"And what?" I asked. 

"Because I still like you." She whispered. My jaw dropped. "I've liked you, even after Alfheim. I tried to give up my feelings, but I couldn't." 

"S-Sugu, I-" I stuttered. 

"Don't." She snapped. I inhaled deeply and looked at her. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. But you can't be mad. Who I like, who I go out with, that's my choice." I said firmly. Suguha looked at me with hatred. "I'm sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for. But it's the only answer you'll get." I walked out of the room, leaving Suguha to herself. I went to the room I would be sleeping in and threw myself onto the bed. "Goddammit." 

"Kazuto? Are you alright?" Himari knocked on the bedroom door. I looked at her, she was reaching her head around the slightly-opened door. I gestured for her to enter. She walked to the bed and sat down. "Are you alright?" I looked at the floor. 

"It's... girl problems." I said shamefully. She nodded understandingly and placed her hand on my back.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked. I looked at her and faked a smile.

"Well, firstly, Asuna and I broke up. I've been depressed since then. But now I'm with someone else. Even though I like them, a lot, I still can't get back to normal. I think it might be that it just feels wrong to be apart after all we've been through for each other. Akihiko Kayaba, Nobuyuki Sugou, Shouichi and Kyoji Shinkawa, Tetsuhiro Shigemura and Eiji Nochizawa, Quinella, Gabriel Miller and Vassago Casals. Not to quote the song 'Paralyzed' by NF but Where is the real me? I'm lost and it kills me. I just wanna move on and get back to normal. I wanna forget Asuna, and move on with Asada. And I'm scared that wanting that is the wrong thing. I loved Asuna, but she needed to move on. I guess my brain won't let my heart do it's thing. Won't let it help me to love and move on. I mean, I see it like this. If life can remove someone you never dreamed of losing, it can replace them with someone you never dreamed of having." I ranted. Himari took all the information in, then looked at me. 

"Sweetie, Sometimes, it's really hard to move on. But once you move on, you'll realize it was the best decision you've ever made. Okay? Think of it like this, What's coming is better than what's gone. Moving on isn't about not loving someone anymore and forgetting them. It's about having the strength to say 'I still love you, but you're not worth the pain. Not after what you did to me.' If someone hurts you, it's okay to cry a river. Just remember to build a bridge and get over it." She explained. I smiled, feeling amused. 

"Did... Did you just... Quote Taylor Swift?" I asked. 

"What do you mean?" She said innocently. 

" 'If someone hurts you, it's okay to cry a river. Just remember to build a bridge and get over it.' Taylor Swift said that." I questioned. 

"I've been... exploring, new music." She grinned. I laughed and hugged her. 

"Thank you." I whispered. She pat my head and stood up. 

"Your welcome. Now, I'll leave you be." Himari walked to the door.

"Okay, bye." I said, watching her walk out. Once she left, I looked around and noticed my bag on the ground. I walked over to it and picked it up, bringing it to the bed. I reached into it and grabbed my Amusphere, grabbing the cord as well. I plugged it in and sat on the bed. Before putting it on, I looked at my phone, there were no new notifications. I placed the Amusphere carefully over my head and laid back. I took a look around the room then closed my eyes. The nostalgic words filled the room. "Link start." 

Colorful lines flew by my face like thousands of speeding trains. I opened my eyes and found myself in the bedroom in my cabin. I looked around, recollecting the events that occurred a while ago.