Fateful Words

***

Hey, Familia of the Closet! Here, have another of these delicious chapters. The last chapter got a little heated, so read this to find out what happens. Love you all so much! <3

-Seijirou

***

(Suguha) 

"I have your brother. If you want him back, gather all your friends and meet me at these coordinates. 36°01'10.5"N 138°48'40.9"E ." A voice on the other line said cockily. My eyes grew wide with horror. 

"W-What?" I practically muttered. The other line hung up. I dropped his phone and began to cry. I fell out of my wheelchair, and onto the floor. I wailed loudly. 

(Tsuboi) (Time Lapse)

I pulled into Suguha's driveway and cut the engine. Still couldn't believe she called me this early. I got out of my car and headed towards the door. About 5 feet away from the doorstep, I could hear faint cries. I ran and opened the door as fast as I could. I looked around and noticed Suguha lying on the floor, crying. I helped her back into her chair. 

"What's wrong?" I knelt down. 

"K-Kazuto... h-he's... been... k-k-kidnapped..." She sputtered between sobs. 

"Are you kidding?" I gasped. Suguha shook her head in despair. My disdained face rapidly turned to a pissed one. "Come on, get up. We're going to get Asada." I held out my hand. 

"Dumbass." Suguha said coldly. 

"Oh, come on. I was trying to be inspirational." I whined, hand still outwards. 

"You do realize I'm in a damn wheelchair, right? I can't stand up." She told me. I looked down at my extended hand and turned a dark shade of red. 

"Sh-Shit." I pulled my hand back quickly. Suguha started laughing. 

"Thank you." She smiled. The redness in my face went away. 

"For what?" I asked, confused as a Chamelion in a bag of Skittles. 

"Cheering me up." Her smile glowed like a nuclear bomb. For some reason, her smile hit me differently than normal. It was more... infecting. Enchanting almost. It made my stomach flutter. 

"Oh, y-yeah. Sure." I blushed. "You, uh, you ready to go?" 

"Yep." She replied. I pushed her outside and helped her into the car. Once she was in, I put the chair back in the house. My trunk wasn't big enough to hold it. I walked back to the car and got in, turning the engine over. I left the premises in the direction of the hospital.

***

(Suguha)

The drive was really quiet. The radio was off and I was tempted to turn it on multiple times. But I figured it would make things even more awkward than they already are. The short 15-minute drive felt like it was an hour. 

"I'll be right back." Tsuboi ran inside. A few minutes later, he came back with a wheelchair. I opened the door and lifted myself into it. Before he could start pushing me, I started rolling myself towards the entrance. The automatic doors revealed a brightly-lit room, smelling of rubbing alcohol. I rolled up to the receptionist and got Tsuboi to ring the bell. A woman came out of the back room and sat in the chair. 

"Hello, welcome to Saitama General Hospital. Are you here to visit?" The woman asked. 

"Um, we're actually here to pick up a recovered patient." I answered. She nodded and turned on the PC in front of her. 

"What is the patient's name?" She asked. 

"Asada Shino." I spoke firmly. 

"Okay." She began typing on her computer. Her facial expression went from happy to confused. She pointed to Tsuboi. 

"Are you Kazuto Kirigaya?" She asked. He shook his head. "Well it says here that a Kazuto Kirigaya was supposed to pick up an Asada Shino." 

"My name is Suguha Kirigaya. I'm Kazuto's sister. Kazuto went missing last night. He left his phone at home so there's no way to contact him." I explained. 

"Oh, I see. I do hope you find him. But still, I will need confirmation from the patient that it's safe to go with you." She said, then walked off into the vast hallway of bright-white rooms. After about 5 minutes, she came back with Asada in a wheelchair. 

"Hey, Asada." Tsuboi spoke up.

"Hey, guys." She replied. Tsuboi walked up to the receptionist. 

"Is she able to walk? And if not, can she manage with help?" He asked. 

"I mean, with help, yes. Why?" She answered. 

"Because I can't fit the wheelchairs in my car." He replied.