End Of The Beginning

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! What did you think of the last chapter? Was it emotional enough? Well, this chapter will explain what happened. I love you all so much! <3

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto)

I stood up and left the room, taking out my phone. I went to the group chat and hit the video call button. It dialed for about 5 seconds before the whole gang joined at the same time. 

Tsuboi: Hey bro!

Rika: Hey!

Keiko: What's up, Kazuto? 

Andrew: Hey man!

Me: Hey guys. Uh, I'm just gonna get to the point. Sugu and Asada are in the ICU.

All of their faces showed signs of fear, surprise, or anger. 

Tsuboi: What?! How?! 

Me: Sakura made an appearance. 

I'm gonna conceal the fact that she's laying lifeless on Asada's bedroom floor. 

Rika, Keiko, Tsuboi, and Andrew: Oh my god... What hospital? 

I looked around the hall for a name or logo. I saw a sign at the end of the hallway. 

Me: Shichiwaru General. 

They all nodded and hung up. I walked back to the waiting room and sat back in the chair I was previously sitting in. It was about 15 minutes later and no one was there yet. Suddenly, something happened. A doctor walked into the room. 

"Mr. Kazuto Kirigaya?" He asked. I nearly jumped out of the seat, startling the old man next to me. I subtly walked over to the doctor. "Are you Mr. Kirigaya?" I nodded. 

"Yes." I spoke softly. 

"Well, Suguha is stable. Asada, however, is still in surgery. The blade she was stabbed with nicked her Liver. There was some internal bleeding, but we got her a new liver prepared. Um, her external abdominal wound can be patched up easily. But since the nick was so small, we're worried it might have hit something else. So I have someone examining her other organs in that area. She should be out of surgery in 5 hours." He explained. I stood silently, taking in all the information. The doctor bowed then walked back to the surgery room. I walked back to my seat and sat down. The old man turned to me. 

"Hey kid, everything'll be just fine. My wife is in there right now having her third kidney transplant." He grinned. I looked at him in astonishment. How can he be so calm and collective in a time like this?

"Thank you." I said. I laid back in my chair and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw a familiar dark-skinned hand. I looked up to see Andrew, Tsuboi, Rika, and Keiko standing there. The old man stood up and moved a couple seats so the gang could sit. Tsuboi and Andrew sat on either side of me. Where Rika sat next to Tsuboi, and Keiko next to Andrew. "Thanks for coming." 

"No problem, bro." Tsuboi spoke up. I felt more comfortable now that the gang had joined me. I laid back, and closed my eyes. And this time, I was able to get some sleep. 

***

I slowly opened my eyes, examining where I was. Still in the hospital. I looked around, everyone was still there. I grinned. Suddenly, something I never expected to happen... happened. A strawberry blonde girl ran into the room with a tall, black-haired man in tow. 

"I got here as fast as I could." Asuna said. 

"Asuna! You made it!" Rika said. I looked at Rika, she somehow knew I was and flipped me off. I stood up and walked over to Asuna and the man. 

"Hey, Kazuto." She smiled sweetly. I looked at the man, he grunted, then looked in the other direction. I held out my arms, gesturing for a hug. She accepted, returned the long forgotten embrace. I backed away and approached the man. 

"You must be Enki, right?" I asked. He nodded. I held out my hand, gesturing for a handshake. He hesitated, but took it. "I'm Kazuto, Kazuto Kirigaya. It's great to finally meet you." 

"Yeah." He muttered. Must not be that much of a talker. 

"Enki, this is Keiko, Andrew, Tsuboi, and Rika." Asuna pointed to each person. "Everyone, this is Enki Fumeiyona." They all waved. Asuna took the seat next to Keiko, and Enki next to her. I looked at the clock, it has been 4 hours since the doctor talked to me. Just one hour left. I decided to fall back to sleep, but this time, it was a little harder. Asuna was within 5 ft of me, even though she wasn't supposed to. And Enki, he seems a little more tamed now than he is over the phone. I shook all of that out of my head, and forced myself into a state of sleep.