Expect The Unexpected

***

Hey, Familia of the Closet! How was the last chapter? Did the cliffhanger surprise you? I hope so. As I said, I wanted some big event before they duke it out. So here we go. Hope you enjoy. Love ya!<3

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto) 

"Sachi..." I managed to mutter. In walked the shy girl I once knew. But something seemed off. Although she walked as if she watched her dog get killed, she looked to be more confident, more intense, more hateful. I reached out to her, hoping that she does the same. But instead, she unsheathed the sword on her hip with celestial speed. She was faster than Asuna. The sword was a unique rapier only found by farming a boss. But since the bosses were only able to be defeated once, no one ever got it. The hilt of the blade was extravagant. The twisted metal rods coiled around the blade. And in the blink of an eye, the tip of her blade was to my throat. 

"You let me die. You could've saved us. But you let us die. You monster. You murderer. Those enemies didn't kill us, you did. You killed us. It's all your fault." Sachi whispered. Her small lips seemed to quiver with each word. I was right. She was much more confident. And extremely hateful. 

"No. You knew that it was a trap. You knew, didn't you? That's why you seemed hesitant to enter. But you knew that your teammates would just call you a chicken and continue looting the chest. You knew exactly what would happen the moment the door opened. Admit it." I said. I have to confess, I didn't know whether she knew or not. I was just stalling, hoping that we get another visitor. Sachi had loosened her grip on her sword, looking at the floor. 

"No one ever listened to me. They just made decisions and assumed I'd be okay with it, even if it were to get us killed. But now, I'll never make that mistake again. I'll be stronger and make my own decisions. And in fact, I'll start by killing you." Sachi said, pulling her rapier back, preparing a skill. By the color of the glow, I could tell that the skill was called 'Star Splash.' I know because there's only a handful of rapier sword skills, each with different colors. She activated the skill, pushing the blade forward. Suddenly, a loud squelching sound radiated throughout the palace. Sachi turned around, facing the door. There was a familiar arrow in her back. 

"Get away from him!" Sinon shouted, releasing 3 more arrows. 2 out of the 3 hit, causing Sachi to flinch. 

"Oh, now this, this is interesting! I thought a reunion of past lovers was going to be a hoot. But this is way more than what I asked for!" Kayaba laughed. Sachi jumped out of the way of the flying arrows. I told Sinon to hold fire. I turned to Sachi. 

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did. I should've done something, but I was too selfish to say anything. I admit that it was my fault you all died. But just know that you don't have to be vengeful to get your point across. I know what you mean. And honestly, I know how you feel. But trying to kill me, it won't get you anywhere. So join us, help us kick this dickhead's ass. We could use another person." I held my hand out. "He locked everyone in here, including you. So why help the man that intentionally tried to kill you, when you can help the man who accidentally got you killed." Sachi looked at my hand as if it were a feast. She wanted to take it but was afraid of the consequences. After a minute, she let out a sigh of exhaustion and took my hand. I grinned and let go of her hand, turning to Kayaba. 

"What a turn of events! This job really feeds your deepest thrills, doesn't it? I guess you gotta expect the unexpected with you, Kirito." Kayaba spoke in an excited tone. Sinon stood next to us, facing the final boss. I held my sword in front of me, powering up a skill. Sinon nocked a set of 3 arrows. Sachi pulled back her sword, powering up the same skill she was going to use on me. l couldn't help but grin. "Well, here we go." The countdown to the star began. 3... 2... 1... FIGHT! I charged, holding my sword above my head, slashing downwards onto his shield, causing an earthquake to erupt.