Chapter 4

After the whole picture sending event, Harry had become extremely clingy with Niall and had to constantly have his hands and lips on his young boyfriend. He even pushed his work schedule back so he could drop Niall off at school and pick him up after more often, and Niall was absolutely enjoying it. Today being a Friday, made Niall's day a whole lot better. Harry would be picking him up after his last class and he would be, without a doubt, super clingy today. Friday's were always their days no matter if they were both a tad bit busy; Harry had to make sure that they were together for the entire rest of the day once Niall got off from school. Niall doesn't know what it is about Friday's, but he's never spent one without Harry since they got together.

Although Friday's were Niall's favorite, today hadn't been starting off as great as he expected. There weren't many reasons for it not being a good day, just one main problem.

Zayn and Niall have been best friends for years, which means they always tell each other everything, no matter how personal it can be. Niall tells Zayn most of the things in his relationship with Harry, and therefore,  Zayn tells Niall who he thinks is cute at school. And Zayn happens to be talking about a certain boy day in and day out. Liam, Liam, Liam. That's all he would talk about and Niall was confident they would make a hot couple.

Their school's annual dance was nearing and all Zayn cared about was who Liam was going to take. If Liam hadn't asked out anybody this week, then Zayn promised Niall he would ask Liam himself. Niall hoped Liam would ask his best friend, because just seeing the way Zayn's eyes glistened when he talked about Liam made him happy for his friend.

This particular day, Zayn was convinced Liam was asking someone to the dance, because he saw him holding a bouquet of red roses when he got to school this morning. At lunch, they sat in the cafeteria eating while Zayn surveyed the lunchroom for Liam.

Zayn suddenly grabs for Niall's manicured hand and tells him to not look back because Liam was walking towards them. Niall continues eating calmly, while his best friend silently panics. Liam eventually reaches their table and sits next to Niall, with the roses in his hands. He makes small talk with both of them--mostly talking to Zayn--and Niall was so sure that he was about to ask his best friend to the dance.

But Niall was very wrong. Liam gradually turns to the blond boy and starts asking him if he was going to the dance or had plans for it, which he answers no to. But Liam didn't know that Niall can't go because his boyfriend doesn't go to their school--and he was too old to be allowed in--so Niall can't bring him. So Liam pops the question that made Niall gasp and Zayn's eyes gloss over.

Niall says he can't make it, but Liam still insists he take the flowers, which just makes things more complicated, because Niall can feel Zayn's eyes burning holes at the side of his head.
Liam tells him to find him if he changes his mind and Niall nods, politely placing the flowers on the chair next to him, so Zayn can't see them, and they continue to sit quietly. Ten minutes later, Zayn tells Niall he has to go do some homework and he leaves with a small smile that doesn't reach his eyes and a wave. Niall sits alone the rest of lunch, contemplating how humiliating it would be if he just burst into tears right then.

---

Niall was hoping that the rest of his day would be better once he was with Harry, but that wasn't seemingly going to happen either. The moment he sits down in the passengers seat of Harry's black Rolls Royce, he doesn't receive a kiss or a bright smile. No, all he is met with are green eyes glaring at the small bouquet of roses he's holding.

"Who gave you the flowers?" Harry asks.

It doesn't sound like he cares, but the longer Niall takes to answer, the more he can see Harry's white knuckles tightening around the steering wheel.