Chapter 17

Niall is sat on the couch, legs up on the coffee table and one arm perched on the armrest so he can hold his head up as he flicks through the channels. Sunken into the cushions with Zayn half awake beside him, he finally settles on a random movie on the lifetime channel. It's a quarter until four, but it was windy and cold outside, leaving the two boys to their inside activities which did not extend to more than laying on the couch.

It was rather silent in the house, just the irregular breathing coming from the two boys. Harry was busy at work, Niall's parents were either at work or just not home, and Zayn was his go-to man when he needed someone around. And he definitely wanted someone around right now. Tomorrow was his birthday which meant he was going to be eighteen, he could start working on his license if he wanted to, and he would finally be able to have a legal relationship with Harry. It was a lot to think about, and Niall rather have someone here while he thinks instead of drowning in his own thoughts alone.

Turning to his side, Niall placed his hand on Zayn's head, probably bracing him for the words that suddenly fell out of his mouth, that he couldn't think to have stopped.

"Zayn," Niall began, carding his fingers through the dark hair, "I-I think I'm going to have sex."

If Zayn had been drinking anything, the liquid would have spurted out of his mouth, if he had been eating popcorn, his throat would have tightened around the kernels and he would have reached his choking death in seconds.

Instead, he shot up in his spot and nearly yells, "What?"

"Wait-I mean, wait-" Niall stutters, caught off guard by his own statement.

"With who?"

All Zayn heard was "sex" and Niall's voice was too pure to be saying those kinds of things. Besides the headache that he knew would be forming any second, he had to know every detail of what Niall was talking about, down to the color of his socks at the moment.

"With who what?"

"Sex. You had sex? With who?" Zayn asks, almost breathless.

"I didn't have sex! I said I'm going to."

"With..."

"Harry."

Zayn nods, what else could he do? Say no? He couldn't. This just adds to why he's jealous of Harry; the number one reason being that he had Niall all to himself.

"W-why do you say that? You guys talked about it?" Zayn asks again, his shoulders relaxing and his hand goings between the cushions so he can pinch the fabric.

"We talked about it. I want to."

Niall shifts uncomfortably under Zayn's stare, regretting his sometimes big mouth. Well, not always regretting it.

"Are you even ready?"

"Yes, gosh I'm not a child. I know what I'm doing." Niall says in a nearly upset tone, getting up from the couch and heading for his room; Zayn right at his heels.

"Hey, don't be like this. I'm just...making sure," he explains, putting up his most convincing smile.

"I know, Zayn," the blonde hops onto his bed, "I don't know why I said that, just keeping you updated...sort of."

A silent moment of breathing passes allowing Niall to bring up the courage to say one more thing.

"Have y-you had sex?"

"Me?"

"Who else would I be asking?" Niall rolls his eyes.

Zayn looks behind himself as if there's someone sitting behind him, but he quickly looks back to Niall and they both send each other goofy smiles.

"Maybe," Zayn shrugs, "maybe not."

Niall kicks Zayn's thigh with his foot, crossing his arms over his stomach.

"Why? Looking for some pointers, I suppose."

"No," Niall tries to be nonchalant, gazing at his bare nails.

"What's the naughtiest thing you've done with Harry?" Zayn asks teasingly, although he wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer but the words were already cascading out of his mouth like a rushing waterfall.

Niall instantly blushed, the tops of his cheeks brightening up, and his mouth opened and closed before he could arrange an audible sentence. That gave Zayn all the answer he needed.

"I don't know," he says in a small voice, "nothing too naughty, I guess."

"What was it?" Zayn presses. "Did you suck his dick?"

"Stop!" Niall blushes madly, trying to get away and off the bed but was stopped by Zayn's much heavier body.

Zayn cages Niall with his knees, sitting on his stomach and pinning his wrists at the top of his head. Blonde hair tickles Zayn's skin and blue eyes were all his brown ones could focus on.

"I'm just kidding with you. Might I remind you that you were the one who started this conversation."

"No, I wasn't," Niall frowned.

"Uh, yeah, you were." Zayn holds his face close to his best friend's.

Niall was saying something else to Zayn, but he was zoning out as he stared at the pair of pinks lips underneath him, thin, yet smooth, they did a horrible job at hiding the perfect set of white teeth that Niall bore.

He looked down to the blue jeans and simple white t-shirt that Niall had on, it wasn't helping that Niall has been dressing less feminine lately, because he loves when he wears skirts and pretty, pink sweaters, but seeing him with no makeup and skinny jeans on is an undeniable turn on.

First, he was admiring the way Niall talked so quickly and the next moment he caught himself falling forward towards Niall's face, pulling away right when his lips barely touched Niall's.

"Zayn! You almost kissed me!" Niall shouts out, throwing his head back in laughter on the pillows of his bed.

Zayn's lips curved up in a shy smile, he still felt a soft numbing sensation at the edge of his lips where they brushed against Niall's. If it weren't for Niall's usual charismatic personality and complete, utter obliviousness, then he would have been blushing deep red from embarrassment. What Niall saw as an accidental touch of the lips from his best friend, was not a total mistake in Zayn's mind. He just wanted a taste and more than a simple press of the lips.

"You're silly. I slipped a bit."

"Slipped onto my lips? Sure."

Niall giggles again, pushing Zayn's sweaty hands away from his upper body and using his own hands to move himself up the mattress. A smile still rested on his face; the anxiousness did not drift from Zayn's body and was not detectable, but the heat of his body would reach Niall if he stayed near him any longer.

"I want strawberries," Niall yawns, stretching his back and arms before jumping off the bed.

And just like that, Niall is off cutting berries and fruits in the kitchen.

---

I am sorry. I am a butt. I will be updating the next chapter TODAY, it's about to get spicy so you'll forgive me. I HAD NO WIFI I WAS CRYING AND SHAKING SO I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL TODAY TO UPDATE.

I know this is such a filler chapter, but I want them to have sex on an even chapter because I love even numbers. Anyways....next chapter to be up hopefully in a few hours :)) Just remember I have school, and it's not like I'm ignoring this story on purpose! Love you all x

I thought about Louis and Zayn MAYBE having a MINOR thing in this story, maybe something subtle and short...what do you think?