Chapter 6

There's always that one friend you have that never leaves your side no matter what happens to you both. It could be years since you two last talked, but they would be able to pick your conversation up right where you had left it off. Zayn was that friend to Niall. Niall could unintentionally ignore all Zayn's offers to hang out, because of his plans to see Harry, and Zayn wouldn't mind. He was just that kind of guy, much like how he claimed he was already past the whole Liam-asking-Niall to the dance debacle.

"Okay, but you're not mad, right?"

"Ni, I'm not mad. I've told you multiple times. I'm fine," Zayn says, running a hand through his thick, black hair.

"Okay, I'm just making sure," Niall explains, putting his fingers to his mouth, nibbling at his nails.

"I was a little disappointed for a few minutes, but I got over it fairly quickly. So don't even give it a second thought."

Zayn shrugs and continues looking forward, as he drove deeper into town. They had just gotten off from school twenty minutes ago and Niall was planning on going straight home, but Harry texted him asking if Zayn could bring him to his company. When Niall asked for the favor, he agreed like always.

Niall shakes his head, "It's just that you really like him and you don't even understand how guilty I felt about the whole thing. And then you just left me alone in the cafeteria, like you didn't want to talk to me anymore."

"I wasn't mad. I just felt like a dumbass for thinking someone like Liam Payne would be into an average guy like me."

"But you're not average, so I don't know why he would ask me and not you. I didn't even know any of the guys at our school looked at me with something other than disgust!"

"Niall, do you hear yourself? You're the one dating a guy almost ten years older than you, so I'm pretty sure boys notice you more than you think."

"You're still too gorgeous to ignore." Niall crosses his arms over his chest.

"Whatever you say, babe."

"Don't call me babe."

"You get awfully sassy when I'm driving you places," Zayn laughs.

"I'll walk then," Niall says, reaching for the door handle.

"If you want to get ran over by the semi truck behind us, be my honor, but I'm not stopping for you."

"You are so mean to me, Zayn Malik."

"Only for you my bleached blonde, only for you."

They both erupt in laughter just as Harry's large enterprise came into view, pulling into the busy parking lot and heading for the glass double doors. Niall waves at Tania when they near Harry's office; she's always so sweet to him. He comes here more often than it seems, even Zayn has stayed here with his best friend a few times when Harry is super busy.

"Thanks for bringing me, Zayn. I don't even know what Harry wants to talk about."

"Probably just wants to take you on his desk right when you close the door," he scoffs.

Niall hits Zayn in the chest and turns the door knob, pushing it open until his eyes meet a pair of green ones.

"Bye," he whispers to Zayn.

Zayn kisses his cheek, murmuring a goodbye, before walking back down the corridor as Niall steps in the room.

"Oh, hi," Niall smiles politely when he ses another man sitting across the desk from Harry.

"Come in, doll. Say hello to Louis," Harry gestures towards the brown-haired man.

"Hello, Louis."