Chapter 20

"How did I end up so lucky?" Niall asks while he stares dreamily at Harry from across his desk.

Harry tries his hardest to not smirk, but prevails, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You know exactly what I mean," Niall sighs and drags a baby-blue painted nail across Harry's glossy desk.

Harry is working from home today because the twenty minute drive to the company building was finally taking its toll on him, but he could not lose a day of work. He was certain that if he took a day off, then it would be twice as hard to get back to work with every day that passed.

His fingers fluidly dance across the keyboard of his laptop and he rarely looks away from the screen, except to check that Niall is still sitting across from him. He deliberately put a chair on the other side of the desk so it was clear that there would only be work being done in his office today. Telling Niall to keep himself busy elsewhere was near impossible after their special night together and Niall's subsequent clingy manner.

"You should have gone to school, Niall," Harry states when he sees the bored look on Niall's face. "Your parents aren't going to be happy when they find out you skipped."

"They won't know," Niall says; hands propped under his chin to continue his obvious staring of Harry.

"And how's that?"

Harry grabs a pen from his drawer and crosses out multiple lines on the document he had next to his laptop. Relief drags his shoulders down with each duty he completes.

"Zayn is signing me in for classes."

Harry looks up fully from his computer—instead of glancing—and gives Niall's tired face a stern look, "Isn't that lying?"

Niall shrugs and averts his eyes from Harry's intense green eyes. His older boyfriend watches Niall avoid him for a solid ten seconds before he looks back at his laptop to finish reviewing a pitch to expand funding for the charity his company supports. It was supposed to be looked over and edited yesterday but he was a bit...busy.

He's just about to hit send on the new document he constructed from the original when he feels Niall slowly slip onto his lap.

"Babe," Harry sighs, "Not now, please."

He shifts the laptop so he can see the screen better, but he doesn't push Niall from his lap.

Niall stares at his boyfriend's features a bit closer this time. The strong jaw line curved perfectly below his ear lobe and the long expanse of his neck was smooth minus the few hairs he missed shaving this morning. Harry blinks slowly and Niall just now notices how well his eyelashes frame his fiery, green eyes.

His hand reaches subconsciously and immediately settles in the crook of Harry's neck. He smooths it over the warm skin. Niall's could not take his eyes off Harry when his jaw tensed and his adam's apple bobbed with a swallow.

"Not now, babe," Harry pushes the wandering hand from his chest.

Niall's hunger for attention deepens as his boyfriend continues to ignore the soft touches and longing gazes that were sent in his direction. The blonde's hand wraps around Harry's neck for a second time, bringing his lips to his jaw and pressing kisses along it.

"Niall," Harry says warningly while tilting his head away from desperate lips.

"Do you still love me?" the words unintentionally fall from Niall's lips, barely above a whisper.

His surprised eyes hopefully look at Harry's confused ones and there is a moment of silence between them where they both are trying to read the other's expression.

"Still?" Hands suddenly went to Niall's waist and across his stomach to pull him closer up Harry's lap. "When did I ever stop loving you?"

Niall's blue eyes innocently capture his attention and all Harry can see are bright blue irises.

"I thought you were mad," the blond replies, biting his lip, "About the whole me not going to school today. I'm not failing any classes if that's what you're worried about."

Niall turns his head and Harry's lips are instantly drawn to the back of his neck as his nose nuzzles in his hair.

"I just don't want you to fall in a habit of lying. You know I don't like it."

Niall is warm and comfortable when encircled like this by Harry's strong arms. He could hear Harry talk but it was muffled when all he could really think about was the pair of rosy lips pressing against his neck.

"You've questioned my love for you before. So is it really you doubting me, or is it just your way of grabbing my attention?"

Damn, Niall thinks. He really was the worst liar.

The warmth from Niall's cheeks is all the answer Harry needs to that question. Harry knew that he could buy his boy the literal world, but all he would ever really want is attention. Material objects could never measure up to love and the enjoyment of simply being with someone.

Niall hides his face in Harry's neck for a moment, letting his blush get the best of him before he got a better idea. He moves his head higher, sucking lightly on Harry's neck and leaving wet kisses everywhere. He has him exactly where he wants him.

"You're not gonna let me finish working, are you?" Harry asks, kissing his cheek and then reaching for the corner of Niall's mouth.

"Nope."

Niall gently grabs Harry's cheeks and pulls him close for a plush kiss. With suspicious ease, Niall quickly clasps his hands behind Harry's head and swings his legs to straddle his boyfriend's lap. As if he were magnetized to his body, Harry's hands were on Niall's hips in a millisecond and his fingers thumb the skin under the blond's t-shirt.

"Can we?" Niall breathes against Harry's lips and rocks his hips.

"Can we, what?" he teases.

Harry is grinning so hard that Niall moves to kissing his jaw, rapidly moving to his ear.

"I want you," he whispers, with hands knotting in Harry's hair in a way that reeks of desperation and neediness.

"Fuck it," Harry stands up and holds Niall's thighs so he could wrap his legs around his waist, "Work can wait. My baby is more important."

Niall giggles against his neck while his body hugs Harry tightly as he walks them back to his room.

Clothes are pulled off each other and their warm skin cools once their connected bodies fall on top of the rumpled sheets.

_____________

Hello friends! It's been a long time since I updated and I! Am! Sorry!

Gonna edit this story and finish it this summer, I promise!!!!!!!! I was rereading the first chapters and I!!! Cringed!!!!! Why did you guys like this book???? 🤢

:,)

Here are some music recs!
• Woman by Harry Styles 🌹
• Hard Feelings/ Loveless by Lorde 🔥
• Dance To This by Troye Sivan ft. Ariana Grande 💘
• Focus/ No Angel by Charli xcx