Chapter 5

Harry runs his left hand through Niall's blond hair, watching the young boy sleep and letting out small puffs of air from his pink lips. His under eyes have a slight black smudge from the mascara he forgot to take off yesterday and his cheeks are a flush pink from the heat of being wrapped in the oversized blanket. Harry continues to comb his hair with his fingers, hoping that he would wake up soon. It was almost seven in the morning, but Harry couldn't sleep at night due to his actions yesterday. He was beyond angry, but that only resulted in him scaring Niall. He could see how terrified his blue eyes were and he felt the guilt weighing him down from being an asshole yesterday night. They had cereal for dinner and Harry repeatedly kissed Niall's face and told him how much he loved him until they went to bed. Although Niall had accepted his apology numerous times, he still couldn't wash away the desperation to make Niall happy again. He just didn't want to lose him.

Harry leans forward and kisses Niall's warm forehead, nuzzling his nose against the blonde's tiny nose. Niall's face scrunches a bit before slowly falling back into a relaxed expression. Harry kisses Niall's heated cheek and then the corner of his mouth, but he still doesn't wake up. Harry covers his boyfriend's face with kisses and finally plants a loud smack on his lips.

"Harry," Niall whines, rolling over so his back was towards Harry.

Harry scoots closer and pulls Niall against his bare chest. He rests his head on Niall's and intertwines their fingers, so that their hands were laid against Niall's stomach.

"Wake up, doll," Harry says while kissing behind his boyfriend's ear.

Niall's eyes flutter open and his crystal blue eyes lay their first sight on the vase next to the bed. Once full of twelve perfect roses, was now holding seven slightly beaten ones and five that no longer resembled flowers. A smile forms on his lips at the ridiculousness of his and Harry's small fight. It was completely unnecessary and uncalled for, but he was happy that Harry was finally able to share his emotions.

Harry pulls Niall from staring at the roses, so he was now facing him.

"Sorry about your flowers, love, I truly didn't mean to upset you yesterday, " he explains, wiping the smudged mascara from under Niall's left eye.

"Harry, I already said it was fine. You don't need to keep saying sorry."

He pulls his blanket farther up, because he was getting cold, so Harry holds him close enough to keep warm, but far enough so they can look into each other's eyes. Niall notices the difference in Harry's eyes today; they look tired and sadness glistened within them. He reaches out and places his hand on his cheek, receiving a weak smile from his boyfriend.

"Are you okay, babe?" He questions.

Harry couldn't even lie by nodding, "I didn't sleep much last night."

"How long did you sleep?"

"Maybe ten minutes," he confesses.

Niall's jaw drops and he stares back at Harry. "Why were you up all night? You should have woken me up, so I could've stayed up with you."

"I was just thinking too much after yesterday."

"Harry, please stop it. You're getting me mad, because we keep talking about yesterday when it doesn't matter. We were just being stupid and I'm not upset about it anymore. I just hate being reminded of it."

Niall rarely does get this vocal; usually Harry would be the one getting mad.

"Don't get mad at me, doll." This time Harry places his hand on Niall's cheek, "Let me show you something."

Harry sits up in the bed and Niall slowly follows, crossing his legs under the blanket. He reaches down to the floor and picks up a large box wrapped in pink paper, with a white bow on the top. Niall"s eyes widen as he stares at the present Harry places in front of him.