• 𝐈𝐈𝐈 •

People tend to exaggerate when they say they fell in love at first sight, it was a stupid and many times meaningless statement

When you first see someone you fall in love with their body, their exterior beauty and I wasn't ashamed to say that the man that was standing in front of me made me fall for his appertaining.

The more I looked at him the more I was sure that he was the definition of the word sensuous, everyone that had an interest for men and good taste would've found him more than hot.

My eyes fell on the hand that he was using to grip my wrist, on his annular finger there was a shining wedding ring, it wasn't hard to guess who that man was. Andrew's Father.

"Are you deaf? I asked you a question" his grip on my wrist tightened making me shiver in pain.

"Sir, you are hurting me" I said faking composure, his expressions changed and his hold loosed.

He left my wrist and I started messaging it lightly with my free hand.

He was still looking at me with diffidence awaiting for my answer.

"I'm Elide, Andrew's girlfriend " I introduced myself.

"Girlfriend? "

"Girlfriend" I repeated nodding, his expression was hard to read it was a mix of turmoil and surprise but I could feel it, there was something more.

"I'm sorry." he said giving me an apologetic look.

"I thought you were an intruder, I didn't even know he was going to bring his girlfriend, still ignore my manners, I am Andrew's father."

"No worries, I don't think anyone would be nice if they saw a total stranger in their house" I shrugged.

"But now, can I please have my water?" I asked pointing at the glass he was still holding.

"Sure" he handed me the cup, his eyes bore into my face as I sipped the water inside the cup, the situation was indeed awkward.

"Can I ask you something?" He said, I stopped myself from drinking and nodded slowly.

"What is that bruise on your cheek? "

I froze,  it was a recent bruise that I had to cover with concealer and foundation, I went to sleep removing my make up I was too tired to think of applying it again, I forgot.

At that moment  I had to make a serious choice, I didn't know this man, I didn't know if he was trustworthy and I didn't know if the situation could become worse.

To tell a lie or to stop hiding? 

I looked at him for some seconds as if he could give me the answer, but deep down, I had already made up my mind I knew what to say.

"Your son did it"

I was good at faking control, when every reasonable person would've had a breakdown or a panic attack  I was calm, I learned to fake indifference.
But I knew I was far away from being calm. My heart was beating fast, every beat was hurting my body, my breath was getting heavier and anxiety was taking control.

The sound of his silence was deafening, regret filled me but I was still sure that godly man standing in front of me could've been trusted at leqst by me.

"I would love to say you are lying but unfortunately I believe you" he sighed.

"It's not the first time" he said, his gaze seemed empty as if he was completely captured by the flush of his thoughts and the reality had become less important.

Not the Frist time, that means that he was always abusive ... he was never a good person he was a character, I just didn't know.

I never really fell for him, I never wanted him I desperately needed the person he was faking to be.

A absurde quantitative  of question was running through my mind.

"What happened to that girl? Where is  she now?"

"She killed herself" he said.

"Why isn't he in jail?"

"I tried to do my best to put him in jail, but apparently there wasn't enough evidence that he was the reason why she killed herself even though  she left a letter." He said

"So basically he corrupted someone? " I asked and he nodded.

"That situation is the reason why we don't have a good relationship."

"Why did you invite him then?"

"I didn't invite him, it was my wife"

"Does she knows about this?" He shakes his head.

"She doesn't know anything about it Andrew did a great job at making the whole thing private especially from her."

"Did you tell her then?"

"I couldn't tell her."

"I need your help" many may think I was being stupid, asking him to help me getting his son to jail,  but I was desperate I needed someone to trust and after all these years I still had hope.

Nothing really mattered anymore, I would've preferred an awful death than living an "apparently perfect" life with him

"My son needs to go to prison I'm aware of it but I can't help you with it if there aren't evidence of his wrong doings"

"Pictures, records, videos I have them all, but I still  need your help."

"I need to see them first,"

"I have them and I will show them to you but I need to know, will you help me?"

"Yes, I will"

I was finally going to be free from Andrew because of his dad, ironic right?

____________________________

I'm really sorry this chapter was so short I will try to do a double update next time.