• 𝐕𝐈 •

Control,  we all need it over our existence,  we need independence and when we don't get it we see how unnecessary we are.

This world has billions of people in it, our death or our life will not make any difference,  we live in the constant awareness of living in an unlimited universe and that our planet is not as important as we believe yet we want to feel less useless.

Having control, having the privilege of making choices will make you feel less meaningless because who knows that choice could be able to change the life of other insignificant humans for the better.

"Yes mom, I love you too" I felt exactly like that, useless.

"Yes, yes I will bye" I hang up the phone and stared coldly at Andrew, that had a vicious smirk on his face.

"You think I'm that stupid to let you speak to her without me?" he asked raising his voice,   when he began to talk like that I wasn't allowed to look at him nor reply to his questions so I looked down at my hands and shut my mouth.

"I know what you are thinking babe but I'm doing this for you, you would be nothing without me, I love you." He grabbed my chin with his finger and I nodded slowly, hiding the disgust that that touch caused me a soft smile made it all the way to my face.

"The phone" he said holding out his hand, I gave him my phone and got up from his bed.

"Now go away" I exited his room and ran into mine.

"Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!" Rage filled my body and I tried to control myself.

Tears of grief ran down my soft cheeks, and I felt more irritated at myself. When someone doesn't have any control over all the things that are happening to them the first thing they do is cry or simply lie to themselves saying that everything is fine.

Tears are so tricky, uncomfortable, and strangely complicated, they can be a perfect coping mechanism but not for me, I hated them.

I wiped my tears with the palm of my hand and took deep and controlled breaths.

" You will not get away with all of this Andrew." I muttered to myself.

He took my phone but not the one with the evidence and I was counting on that.

I put on a short white dress that exposed my long legs, the contusions on my legs weren't exactly healed but they were hard to spot. I felt the need to cover them for prevention but something stopped me.

"You know what? fuck that shit, I will not cover these bruises if they notice them good for them"

Before I could exit from my room I heard someone knock, I opened the door to see the east Asian helper looking at me with a gentle smile on her face.

"Mr. Gresham would like to see you in his office"

"Did he told you what he needs?" she shook her head and walked away.

Without minding too much, I went to Damien's office and entered inside without knocking.

"I'm here" he looked one second at me and then went back to look at the papers he was holding but then he instantly got up from the chair and walked in my direction, I took some step back noticing his angry expression, and hit the door with my back.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he whispered yelled to my face, I looked at him, confusion was written all over my face and I could feel him getting more irritated since I wasn't understanding the cause of his madness.